Thanksgiving dinner has its place at home.
That's tradition, speaking.
Logistically, that's not always possible.
So if you find yourself in a quandary Nov. 28 about the meal that never stops, there are alternatives out there. Good ones, in fact.
Just like retailers who are opening on Thanksgiving to gain an upperhand on holiday shopping, restaurants have opened their doors to accommodate those of us who seek good food along with the convenience of not doing the dishes.
The National Restaurant Association notes one in 10 Americans or more than 14 million celebrate Thanksgiving by dining out, citing more time with family and avoiding stress as reasons and take-out and restaurant options.
In no particular order, here are 10 to consider. Make sure you call ahead to reserve a space.
• Europa Restaurant inside Villa Royale Inn in Palm Springs offers a champagne brunch with a $49 prix fixe menu serving 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Lulu California Bistro in Palm Springs and its sister restaurant Acqua Pazza Bistro in Rancho Mirage will begin serving at 1 p.m. The menu features the traditional Thanksgiving fares, but also some additions like Sautéed Dover Sole, Filet Mignon and a Grilled Vegetable Tower.
• How about dinner with a view of the entire Coachella Valley? The Peaks Restaurant at the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway will serve Thanksgiving dinner from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Take a hike before or after the meal and make it a day.
• How about serving Thanksgiving dinner? The Coachella Valley Rescue Mission serves needy families and individuals at its Indio location. Volunteers are welcomed as are donations. The mission serves dinner from 2-6 p.m. Nov. 27 and twice on Nov. 28 – 6-10 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
• Jillian's Fine Dining on El Paseo in Palm Desert offers a choice of Roast Free Range Turkey, Crown Roast of Pork, Roast Strip Loin of Prime Beef and Presidential Whitefish as entree choices.
• Elmer's in Palm Springs offers one of the more economical Thanksgiving dinners at $14.99 per person that includes turkey and all the trimmings, and of course, pumpkin pie.
• Riviera Palm Springs' Circa 59 restaurant will dish up a Thanksgiving Prix Fixe from noon to 8 p.m. for $59 per person with choices for starters, entrees and desserts.
• A full-day of Thanksgiving dinners will take place at Spencer's Restaurant in Palm Springs, which serves from noon to 8 p.m. at $44 for adults, $24 for kids. How about Scallop Chowder, a new spin on the traditional New England Chowder, or Sesame Crusted Salmon Filet.
• Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio has three restaurants serving up Thanksgiving dinner, but each in its own way. At the Fresh Grill Buffet, check out seafood Newburg, bacon brussels sprouts and other selections in addition to the Thanksgiving traditions. The Bistro and POM deliver the more traditional turkey meal.
• Lucky seven entrees give you plenty of choices at Melvyns Restaurant at the Ingleside Inn in Palm Springs with service from noon to 10 p.m.