Palm Springs Fine Art Fair returns Feb. 14-17 to Palm Springs Convention Center with a lineup of galleries and programs that will inspire, educate, and entertain. Here are eight things to see and do to optimize your art fair experience. For the latest schedule of events, visit www.palmspringsfineartfair.com
1) See world-class artwork from around the world, including these showstoppers:
- Morris Louis at Yares Art Projects, and Steve Burtch at Peter Blake Gallery
- Chul Hyun Ahn at C. Grimaldis Gallery
- Rodrigo Moya at Throckmorton Fine Art
2) Take a crash course in Collecting 101 during a panel discussion featuring collectors, dealers, and advisers.
3) Hear the stories behind iconic celebrity photographs by Michael Childers, Taili Song Roth, and Christopher Felver.
4) Wander through The Sculpture Space, featuring large-scale works (all for sale and perfect for desert homes) in a diversity of styles, materials, and processes.
5) Check out the best of local galleries: Christian Hohmann Fine Art, Imago Galleries, Heather James Fine Art, Melissa Morgan Fine Art, and Michael H. Lord Gallery
6) Honor Helene Galen, the fair’s Arts Patron of the Year, at the opening-night reception and preview (Feb. 14) benefiting Palm Springs Art Museum.
7) Learn how to donate art to a museum, as a panel of curators and collectors discusses how to ensure the donation is appropriate, mutually advantageous, and rewarding.
8) See a 50-year retrospective of Pop artist Mel Ramos’s paintings and hear him discuss his Lifetime Achievement Award.