It's not often you find a Christmas tree with a name.
But that is exactly part of the charm of the ACT for Multiple Sclerosis’ (MS) Christmas Tree Lane Live Auction Party Nov. 30 at the Renaissance Esmeralda in Indian Wells.
Carol Channing, Jack Jones, Fred Williamson, Carol Connors, Andrew Neiderman, Barry Manilow, Jimmy “Fitz” Fitzgerald and Bruce Fessier all have Christmas trees named for them and decorated by some of Southern California’s finest designers.
New this year is the Fessier Tree and the Connors Tree honors the memory of Annette Funicello. The Spring ACT for MS Gala has a Beach Party theme, again in honor of Funicello, who passed away in April from complications from multiple sclerosis.
Jones will host the Nov. 30 auction with CBS Local 2 weatherman Patrick Evans acting as celebrity auctioneer.
What you can expect to see if you attend the auction:
• 19 full-sized trees will be up for live auction on Nov. 30.
• Each tree is unique and one of a kind.
Each tree comes packaged with unique gifts, such as
• The Carol Channing Tree includes dinner for 8 with Carol Channing herself, hosted by Cuistot
• The Wounded Warrior Project (Fred Williamson tree) includes two spots in the Wounded Warrior Project Celebrity Golf Tournament sponsored by Fantasy Springs and Eagle Falls Golf Course.
• Desert Symphony 25th Anniversary tree includes four tickets to two of their season’s concerts at the McCallum Theatre.
• Bruce Fessier Tree includes two VIP tickets to Tachevah Block Party
There will also be a “Boutique” with mini-trees for sale.