Contradicting everything you have been taught about weather in the desert oasis, it has snowed in Palm Springs.
Early landscape painters propelled the Palm Springs artists’ colony and transformed the area into a destination for the creative set
Palm Springs resident and actor William Gargan appeared in his first film in 1928, and by 1940 he had appeared in more than 55 motion pictures.
Katherine Siva Saubel became the dominant interpreter of Cahuilla history and culture in the Coachella Valley area.
In any climate, good planning and design account for environmental conditions and ecological soundness, so it stands to reason desert modernism responded to natural regional stimuli.
Many date groves were planted during the early days of Pal Springs, and they quickly became one of city's most popular commodities.
A team at the Palm Springs Air Museum has been busy putting an F-105 fighter airplane back together in time for the museum’s 17th anniversary celebration.
For almost a century, city pioneers, Hollywood celebrities, and the fun-loving people of Palm Springs made Palm Canyon Drive a boulevard of dreams
The mayor and a developer recall the wine summit that is now transforming downtown Palm Springs. Red wine played a big part in the coming rebirth of downtown Palm Springs.
In the spirit of the “Old West,” Los Compadres Ranch will celebrate Palm Springs' western heritage with a barbeque fundraiser Nov. 2.
The recent fire to Community Church in Palm Springs is a reminder of the precarious nature of architectural assets and the impact of their alteration, damage, or loss.
The Canyon Country Club included a posh $1.5 million clubhouse and championship 18-hole golf course when it officially opened in October 1962.
Near where the Deepwell neighborhood now sits off East Palm Canyon Drive in South Palm Springs was once a very popular destination: Deep Well Guest Ranch.
El Mirador Hotel opened its doors on New Year’s Eve, 1928, and quickly became a hot spot for Hollywood stars and the corporate elite.
It began as a single dirt runway in the 1920s, grew and changed with the city of Palm Springs, and now thrives as a chic, tourist-friendly airport with international connections.
Palm Springs attracts important people like desert shade draws roadrunners on a scorching day. It’s always been that way.
Staff members of the Wee Willager Weekly wrote local news and conducted interviews with prominent Palm Springs community members.
The two locations considered to build Palm Springs High School in 1938 were the mouth of Chino Canyon and the other fronted Ramon Road and Sunrise Way.
Steve Nichols recalls that his father, Culver Nichols, was on the first or second car on the tramway’s opening day.
Someone looking at a topographic map of Mount San Jacinto State Park might wonder who was this Cornell character that has a peak named in his honor.
In September 1955, the “Palm Springs Villager” showcased frequent desert visitor Esther Williams reportedly sitting in front of a pool built by her own company.
Zaddie Bunker purchased land on Palm Canyon Drive in Palm Springs, when it was called Main Street, and was responsible for many of the residential and downtown buildings.
Palm Springs architects Donald Wexler and Ric Harrison designed the first 10 homes to be built by Robert C. Higgins for the Sunmor neighborhood in 1955.
In the summer of 1949, the installation of more than 300 palm trees along Palm Canyon Drive was part of a $950,000 civic improvement plan began in downtown Palm Springs.