Editors' Picks: 10 Things to Do, Sept. 2-8
What are your plans? Here's our suggestions
Coachella Valley recording artist Gina Carey will appear Sept. 5 with husband John Carey at the Miramonte Resort & Spa in Indian Wells.
Courtesy of Gina Carey's Facebook page
Every week, Palm Springs Life editors will put their heads together to create a list of 10 things to do during the week ahead including restaurant happenings. concerts, nightclub acts, special events and more.
There is plenty to do in the Greater Palm Springs area, and we want to make sure you know about it.
You can also keep tabs by accessing our online calendar.
Here's our picks for Sept. 2-8:
Monday, Sept, 2
• Bar in Palm Springs has put together a creative happy hour feauring Palm Springs artist Kenny Irwin. Don't recognize him? He's the artist with all of the crazy robots built from scrap materials in his Palm Springs yard. We'll have a story on Kenny this coming week. Look for it.
Tuesday, Sept, 3
• Enjoy your meal and a bowl of laughs with Bella de Ball's Cabaret Variety Dinner Revue at Azul's in Palm Springs. Buy one entree and order the second at half-price.
Wednesday, Sept. 4
• Here's a chance for the whole family to share a love for music. The Rancho Mirage Public Library presents "One World Rhythm" where everyone has a chance to play a rhythm instrument. And it's free.
Thursday, Sept. 5
• Gina Carey, who just finished shooting a music video at Woody's in Palm Springs over the weekend, will perform with her husband, guitarist John Carey, at the Miramonte Resort & Spa in Indian Wells. She is releasing a new record Sept. 28, "Funk Rhythm & Soul".
• Free Summer Films Schedule at The Palm Springs Art Museum: The Apartment (1960) starring Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine.
Friday, Sept. 6
• Fantasy Springs Resort Casino's newest lounge, LIT, welcomes "Justus" on its stage to keep you on the dance floor from 9 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. in Indio.
Saturday, Sept. 7
• "The Polish Prince", singer Bobby Vinton appears at the Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa in Rancho Mirage. Vinton got that moniker from paying homage to his family's heritage with polka favorites. But he's best known for the 30 Top 40 singles he charted during the 1960s and '70s, like "Blue Velvet".
• Comedian Bill Burr, a regular on late-night TV including "The David Letterman Show" and Conan O'Brien, appears at Spotlight 29 Casino in Coachella. On his website, Burr writes, "I enjoy annoying people who are doing things that I feel aren’t that important. I relate to dictators. I don’t agree with what they do. But I get it."
• The Date Shed in Indio brings together several local bands in "21 Exits", including Psstols, Machin, Giselle Woo & the Night Owls, Tribesmen, and Desert DJ Entertainment Group.
Sunday, Sept. 8
• The Palm Springs Art Museum opens its doors for free the second Sunday of every month featuring a host a family-oriented activities, including meeting artist in residence Cristopher Cichoki, whose multi-media exhibition is on display through Sept. 22, and creating your own art; a screening of the Salton Sea documentary, Plagues & Pleasures on the Salton Sea, and