Where to Enjoy Christmas Dinner in Palm Springs Area
Leave the holiday cooking to someone else, and more time to enjoy family and friends
Circa 59 at the Riviera Palm Springs will offer a prix fixe menu featuring four entree choices on Christmas Day.
Riviera Palm Springs
The holiday season often runs at a hectic pace.
To slow it down to your speed, take the worry about where you're going to enjoy that holiday meal by taking advantage of the numerous restaurants in the greater Palm Springs area offering sumptuous feasts in an atmosphere geared to enjoying family and friends.
In no particular order, here are some Christmas Eve/Day dining suggestions:
• Circa 59 at Rivier Palm Springs will offer dinner Christmas Day from noon to 8 p.m. with a prix fixe menu featuring four entree choices: Herb & Citrus Roasted Chicken, Sugar & Spice Pork Chop, Pan Roasted Salmon and Roquefort Crusted Filet of Beef.
• Melvyn's Restaurant will serve both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner at the Ingleside Inn in palm Springs. Christmas Eve features a traditional four-course turkey dinner, and Christmas Day offers seven entree choices.
• Also serving back-to-back meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is Le Vallauris in Palm Springs. The prix fixe menu includes a number of choices for appetizers, entrees and desserts, like Main Lobster Cocktail with Corn Avocado Tobiko Caviar Créme Fraîche, Roasted Indiana Half Duck Crispy, and Chicolate Caramel Büche Glacée (Christmas Log).
• Choices? The Fantasy Springs Resort Casino on Christmas Day has seven restaurants and three will offer dining specials at Fresh Grill Buffet, POM and Bistro. The Bistro opens at 5 p.m., but the other two serve most of the day.
• Morton's in Palm Desert is serving up a Christmas Eve dinner that allows you to enjoy your company and know the food is going to be good.
• Europa Restaurant at the Villa Royale Inn in Palm Springs has a prix fixe menu set for Christmas Eve dinner, plus check out their well-known Tipsy Sardinian, Korobuta Pork Osso Bucco and rack of Lamb.
• Elmer's Restaurant in Palm Springs will be open Christmas Day from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. A complete Christmas dinner runs under $20 and offers the traditional turkey or ham choices.
• You shouldn't have a problem finding the food of your choice at the Spotlight 29 Casino Christmas Day Buffet at Café Capitata in Coachella. Runs 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. for $19.95.
• The recently remodled Cliffhouse Grill and Bar in La Quinta serves from 2-8 p.m. Christmas Day with a menu featuring a selection of starters like Dungeness Crab Cakes, entrees like Mesquite Smoked Prime Rib and desserts like Cliffhouse Ice Cream Pie.
• Trio of Palm Springs will be open Christmas Eve and Christmas Day starting at 11 a.m. with their line of comfort food including Mac and Five Cheese, Pot Roast and Crawfish Pot Pie.