By Pamela Bieri
Owned by the H.N. and Frances C. Berger Foundation, and managed by Troon Golf, The Classic Club specializes in weddings, charitable golf, social, community and business events, and is one of the desert’s most sought-after locales. The Classic Club has four ceremony and reception options, accommodating up to 500 guests.
Bellatrix Restaurant and Wine Bar’s warm and gracious Mediterranean ambiance offers intimate, romantic dining to magnificent settings for formal and informal gatherings. With sunwarm walls, generous dark wood armchairs, and linen-clad tables, Bellatrix’s decor flows from wine-themed oil paintings to the wood-and-glass walled wine cellar. Its 180-degree golf course and mountain vista from the covered wrap-around terrace is incomparable — truly a spectacular destination for any event or celebration.
Classically trained Executive Chef Gerard Brunett enjoys experimenting with Coachella Valley’s bounty of products from heirloom tomatoes, bell peppers, lettuces, corn, and asparagus to chilies, citrus, dates, and figs. Strongly influenced by modernists Hubert Keller and Jacques Pepin, Brunett defines his cuisine as “American Continental with a touch of Asian and Mediterranean influences.”
His passion for Mediterranean regions can be seen in the Granola Crusted Salmon with Black Mission Fig Gastrique and Tarragon Yogurt Sauce, Sesame Crusted Ahi to filler-free Lump Crab Cakes with Cucumber-Sesame Salad with sweet Thai reduction.
Brunett enjoys changing menus often to reflect seasonal ingredients available both locally and regionally.
Extensive wines complement the Bellatrix menu with an array of California Chardonnays, Pinots and Cabernets from great vintners to elegant boutique wineries. A full selection of specialty cocktails and beers are available, as well as an appetizing bar menu.
Open for lunch daily from 11 a.m. and dinner Tuesday through Saturday at 5 p.m. Call the Classic Club’s catering staff for your next event.
Bellatrix at the Classic Club
75200 Classic Club Boulevard, Palm Desert CA, 92211
• Tuscan Salad
• Crab Cakes
• Chilled Prawns
• Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad
• Shrimp BLT
• Ahi Salad
• 10-ounce “Barrel Cut” USDA Prime Filet Mignon
• Pan Seared Pacific Halibut
• Shellfish Linguini
• Tahitian Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta
• Donut Cake with Salted Caramel Gelato
• White Chocolate Chip and Macadamia Pizooki
• Taittenger Brut Champagne
• Armand de Brignac “Ace of Spades”
• Grgich Hills, Fume Blanc, 2006
• Shafer “Red Shoulder Ranch” Chardonnay, 2009
• Paul Hobbs “Hyde” 2007, Pinot Noir
• Joseph Phelps “Insignia” 2008
• Pahlmeyer Merlot, 2008
• Alpha Omega “Era” Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009
• Palmaz Cabernet Sauvignon, 2005-2008
• Clear Creek Cranberry Cosmo
• Jalapeño-Mint Margarita
• Salted Caramel Apple-tini