Morgan's in the desert offers one of the most famous indoor/outdoor dining options in Southern California and, in four short years, has become a popular favorite among Coachella Valley residents. Offering a varied menu of freshly-grown and house-made delights, Morgan’s is famous for its hand-crafted flatbreads, artisan cheeses and charcuterie, carefully-prepared seafood and Prime Certified Angus Beef.
California’s bounty is always at the fingertips of Morgan’s James Beard-awarded Chef Jimmy Schmidt and Chef Brian Recor, who present food that every guest will love and come back for, over and over again, either within the restaurant or on its relaxed, fire-lit patio. Jimmy Schmidt is an early pioneer of the farm-to-table movement, and his beloved menu of classic and California favorites includes the freshest of the region’s harvest and daily catch, as well as extremely rare access to the most prized Angus-certified steaks in America.
Morgan’s is also pleased to present an innovative list of California boutique wines, and it is a multi-time winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Additionally, Morgan’s casual and cozy bar presents irresistible vintage cocktails, handcrafted spirits, a fun, savory bar menu and flavorful artisan cheese flights. The restaurant also offers live entertainment and private dining, making it a very popular destination for local diners as well as resort guests.
With a warm, inviting setting close to the majestic Santa Rosa Mountains, Morgan’s in the desert is easy to reach and conveniently located at La Quinta Resort, just steps away from self- or valet-parking.
Morgan’s in the desert
La Quinta Resort & Club
49499 Eisenhower Drive, La Quinta, CA 92253
• BBQ Totten Inlet Oysters from the incredible waters of Puget Sound and the Olympic Peninsula
• Crispy Indio Baby Artichokes with local olives and smoked almonds Roasted Sweet Pepper Aioli
• Caramelized Bosc and Crisp Anjou Pear Salad — Mache and baby frisée, pear vert jus emulsion
• Roasted Sweet Shaved Yellow and Crimson Beet Salad — Tossed with watercress, black walnut emulsion and honeyed crisp
• Pistachio-Crusted Sea Scallops — Toffee-buratta filled butternut squash ravioli parmesan froth, magenta noisette herbs
• Pan-Roasted Santa Barbara Black Cod — Swimming in Meyer lemon and turmeric pasta pearls, crisp ginger salad
• Porcini-Infused Prime Filet of Beef — Fire grilled with Porcini crème, royal trumpets and syrah salt, celeriac and morbier gratin
• Pan-Seared Cured Free Range Duck Breast — Chanterelle and honey crisp salad caramelized green apple ravioli
• Red Spice-Cured Heirloom Pork Rib Chop — Spiced Zinfandel Cloak, Nueske bacon laced brussels sprout leaves, tart smoked paprika shoestrings
• Twisted Smores — Composed of cinnamon graham tuile, nocturne chocolate ganache and marshmallow ice cream
• Buttered Popcorn Ice Cream Parfait — Layered with black sea salt caramel and popcorn crunch