By Gayl Biondi
Once you find Stuft Pizza Bar & Grill at the west end of Old Town La Quinta, you’ll recognize why regular customers speak so passionately about their neighborhood hangout. With more than 100 menu items in addition to the award-winning pizza, and more than 35 wines served by the glass, this family owned and operated restaurant is much more than just a pizza place.
The news gets even better in 2014 when a second location opens in the Westfield shopping center on Highway 111 in Palm Desert. The mall location will be part of a new grand entrance next to Barnes & Noble with welcoming patios and valet parking. “We’ll bring along our same fun-loving atmosphere for families and friends to the new location,” says owner John Bertram.
There’s something for everyone at Stuft Pizza Bar & Grill, from watching your favorite team on HDTVs in the bar to relaxing on one of two serene patios with views of the Santa Rosa Mountains. The only challenge you might have is deciding between prime steaks, fresh seafood, inventive salads, or (of course) made-to-order pizzas. For those who just can’t decide on one thing, a full menu of small plates gives diners a chance to share.
The restaurant was recently recognized by Wine Spectator for the wine program which features more than 150 reserve bottles sold at near-retail pricing. As John Bertram observes, “We serve such a wide range of food from Prime Steak to great Pizza and we want to provide customers with a highquality wine pairing at a price point that’s in line with our menu. The wine program is very popular.”
Whether it’s lunch alfresco, happy hour every day throughout the restaurant, a special occasion or impromptu dinner, curbside to go, or event catering, the Stuft Pizza family is ready to serve you in La Quinta and soon in Palm Desert!
Open Monday to Thursday 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.; Friday to Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; with Happy Hour daily from 3 to 6 p.m.
Stuft Pizza Bar & Grill
78015 Main Street, Suite 100, La Quinta, CA 92253
• Cajun Ahi — Seared rare in Cajun spices on a bed of cabbage with seaweed salad
•Tacos — Carne Asada Street Tacos, Baja Fish Tacos, Korean-Style Tacos
• Prosciutto Flatbread — Signature pizza crust with fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, and basil
•Summer Salad — Grilled chicken breast on greens with grapes, apples, dried cranberries, candied walnuts, and gorgonzola
• Prime New York Steak — 12-ounce prime certified angus beef with sautéed wild mushrooms, asparagus, and fingerling potatoes
• New Orleans Chicken and Shrimp — Tossed in linguini with fresh bell peppers, green onions, and Creole sauce
•“Stuff This! Ice Cream Pie”
• Rockslide Brownie
• Assorted Sorbets
• Kosta Browne Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast
• Paloma Merlot, Napa Valley
• Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley Washington
• 35+ Wines by the Glass
• Rotating Microbrew Taps
• 15 Specialty Cocktails including the Stuft Barrel Aged Manhattan