By Pamela Bieri
One of Indian Wells' best-known eateries and bars since 1965, The Nest is still one of the hottest spots in town with its fresh, contemporary atmosphere; outstanding Mediterranean/ California cuisine; and lively bar scene featuring hip musicians, owner Kevin Henry, and longtime favorite Tim Burleson and local talented musicians.
Kevin and Dodi Henry are celebrating their third very successful year owning The Nest. Now completely refurbished with modern lighting, contemporary artwork, and leather banquettes and chairs, this hip bistro has been attracting a whole new crowd.
“Customers have been coming for the food and then staying for the fun!” says the tall, elegant European Dodi. “A younger clientele has responded to the new menu and look of the restaurant. We are seeing many first-time guests who read our reviews on the Internet.”
The Nest’s menu offers contemporary items while keeping some classic favorites (like escargot, veal cannelloni and frog’s legs) adding several well-loved family recipes from Dodi’s European heritage from along the Adriatic Sea.
The pan-seared or piccata-style sole, chicken schnitzel, spinach knish, Mom’s stuffed cabbage and moussaka are some of these time-honored family favorites.
Tim Burleson, at The Nest’s piano for 20 years, continues to be an important part of the restaurant’s success. His high-energy style draws celebrities and local talents to join him on a regular basis. Tim and Kevin keep the energy revved up at The Nest.
The popular bar menu starting at $6 features more than 20 items. Happy hour is seven nights a week starting 4 p.m., Dinner available 4:30 p.m.; Bar open 4 p.m. Early Bird nightly.
75188 Highway111, Indian Wells, CA 92210
• Escargot with garlic and butter sauce
• Baked Artichoke Dip with sliced grilled pita bread
• Spinach Knish - Filo dough stuffed with spinach and feta cheese
• Beet Salad - Red and gold beets on baby spinach
• Australian Half-Rack of Lamb with herbs and lamb au jus
• Pacific Sole - Pan Seared or piccata style
• Frog Legs - Sautéed in garlic butter
• Veal Piccata with butter, lemon, capers and white wine sauce
• Chardonnay, Cakebread, Napa Valley
• Chardonnay, Far Niente, Napa Valley
• Chardonnay, Kistler, Sonoma Coast
• Pinot Noir, Domaine Drouhin, Dundee Hills, Oregon
• Cabernet Sauvignon, Caymus, Napa Valley
• Tignanello, Toscano, Italy