By Pamela Bieri
The Indain Wells Golf Resort's fine dining restaurant and bar has undergone a transformation this fall that reflects more current dining and beverage trends. An innovative craft-style restaurant focusing on local produce, sustainably raised meat and poultry, fresh seafood, and farm-to-table cuisine is under the guidance and fresh inspiration of new Executive Chef Cale Falk.
Renovations include glass dividers that separate the restaurant from the new gastropub, which features top local craft brews, notably Saint Archer out of San Diego and La Quinta Brewing Company. A selection of premium California and West Coast wines is featured in a temperature-controlled wine room. A new bar menu has been carefully designed to complement craft beers, cocktails, and quality wines.
The former private dining room is now a sushi bar, offering an array of fresh sushi, sashimi, and a variety of rolls and hand rolls created by Sushi Chef Akio Naito. This area extends to the outdoor patio, which offers more casual seating.
Completely updated furnishings throughout offer a modern atmosphere that is casual yet sophisticated, with more seating options. The dining room terrace overlooking the resort’s entrance with commanding views of Eisenhower Mountain, has a new retractable awning and furnishings that provide a more comfortable venue for year-round use and extending outdoor dining.
The entire area was also refurbished with new carpeting to complete the refreshed, updated direction. Multiple fl at-screen televisions “in the round” in the gastropub offer a relaxing setting for after-golf refreshments or pre and postdinner cordials. Also, the 400-seat “Pavilion,” a premier events center, has been added and is available for all types of happining affairs.
Lunch is served daily from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and dinner, Monday to Sunday from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Sunday brunch is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The IW Café is open for breakfast from 6 to 11 a.m., and for hot appetizers, wraps, and a full bar, including draft beers from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sushi is served Tuesday to Saturday from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. The Golf Shop is open daily, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
VUE Grille & Bar
Indian Wells Golf Resort
44500 Indian Wells Lane, Indian Wells, CA 92210
• Beer-Battered Fried Avocado with chipotle remoulade and pickled onions
• Blue Crab Cake with yuzu emulsion, grapefruit, and radish
• Steamed Manila Clams with Bilbao chorizo, piquillo peppers and tequila
• Shaft Blue Cheese Stuffed Medjool Dates
• Pacific Swordfish — Spaghetti Squash, Asparagus Prosciutto, Blood Orange BBQ Sauce
• “Deconstructed Chowder” with Manila clams, pork belly, pee wee potatoes, heirloom carrots and micro chives
• New Zealand Lamb Loin with sour cherry wild rice, roasted beet, and pistachio brittle
• Philly Roll — Salmon, cream cheese, cucumber
• Dragon Roll/Red Dragon Roll — Shrimp tempura, eel, and avocado
• Bougetz Cellars, 2012 sauvignon blanc, Rutherford
• JAQK Cellars, 2009 “Pearl Handle” chardonnay, Napa Valley
• Trinchero Estates, 2008 “Haystack” cabernet sauvignon, Napa Valley
• MacPhail, 2009 “Gaps Crown” pinot noir, Sonoma Coast
• De La Louisiane — Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Italian Vermouth Benedictine, Peychand’s Bitters, Dash of Absynth
• La Aguila — Cruz Silver Tequila, Grapefruit Bitters Housemade Prickly Pear Soda
CRAFT BEERS ON TAP
• Saint Archer – San Diego, CA
• La Quinta Brewing Company – La Quinta, Ca
Is this your company? Update or enhance your listings »