10 Places to Watch the Super Bowl
Where will you watch the game? Share your suggestion with us
Super Bowl Sunday will be watched by more than 100 million people around the world. Where will you be viewing the game?
More than 110 million people will watch Sunday’s Super Bowl XLVII (47) between the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49’ers at the New Orleans’ Superdome.
49’ers coach Jim Harbaugh versus brother John Harbaugh, head coach of the Ravens.
Or they will be watching the commercials, which advertisers are plopping down $3.8 million for a 30-second time slot.
With those kinds of stakes, you better have a strategy in mind for where to view the game if your own home is not an option, or you gravitate toward being part of the crowd.
Here are 10 suggestions on where to view the game in the Coachella Valley.
If we’re missing one, let us know by giving details in the comment section below.
• Morongo Casino, Resort and Spa, 49500 Seminole Drive, in Cabazon. Watch the game at Tacos & Tequila, which just opened in the last month. They will have a $5 Big Game menu from noon to 6 p.m. which includes guacamole, freshly-made tortilla chips, beef flautas, fiesta nachos, chicken quesadillas, etc…
• Twenty6 at La Quinta Resort, 49-499 Eisenhower Drive. Party starts at 3 p.m. and includes draft beer at $5, buckets of beer for $20 and special themed food throughout the game. No reservations required.
• Ernie’s Bar & Grill at PGA West Clubhouse, 56150 PGA Boulevard, in La Quinta. Starts at 3:30 p.m. Team-themed beverages, bar menu items, all-day Happy Hour pricing on domestic bottled beer, contests and prizes. Reservations recommended at www.opentable.com
• Experience the Super Bowl in the nude. Come to Terra Cotta Inn, 2388 E. Racquet Club Road, in Palm Springs, for a free naked party for hotel guests only. Rooms are only $99. Homemade pizza and snacks served in the large living room.
• The Spa Resort Casino, 401 E. Amado Road, in Palm Springs offers a 156-inch TV system, $12 tailgate buffet and $8 pitchers of beer.
• Dickie O’Neil’s Irish Pub, 2155 N. Palm Canyon Drive, in Palm Springs offers a private Super Bowl party for $75 per person, which starts with a Tailgate Breakfast from 8-11 a.m., a pre-game Lunch Feast, a Game on Supper and closes with a champagne toast after the game.
• Azul & Alibi sixth annual party, 369 N. Palm Canyon Drive, in Palm Springs. Game will be shown on 13 TVs, and two large screens. Food choices include $2.50 sliders, dozen wings for $10, $1.50 draft beer and gift card giveaways every quarter.
• Tilted Kilt, 72-191 Highway 111, in Palm Desert has 46 big screen TVs. A $25 entry fee gets you a complimentary buffet starting at 1:30 p.m. and lasting throughout the game, drink specials and prizes.
• The Beer Hunter, 78-483 Highway 11, in La Quinta, has 40-plus TVs, a slew of craft beers, and a menu loaded with choices.
• Burgers and Beer has two locations – 72-733 Dinah Shore Drive in Rancho Mirage and 79-815 Highway 111 in La Quinta. They have several TV screens, Happy Hour prices for the entire game, contest for best-dressed fan, and domestic pitchers of beer are $5.99.