Palm Springs Aerial Tramway Salutes Military in July
Free admission extended to active, retired personnel
Active and retired military personnel receive free admission to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway during July.
Photo Courtesy of Palm Springs Life Archives
For more than a decade, the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway has set aside the month of July to pay tribute to military personnel – active and retired.
When a guest shows a valid military identification, he or she will receive free admission to the Tram. In addition, up to six of their guests will receive 25 percent off their regular Tram fares.
“The Tram’s Military Days program is our way of saying ‘Thank you’ to the dedicated men and women of the United States armed forces, along with their friends and families,” says Nancy Nichols, Tram vice president of sales and marketing.
During one of the hotter months in Palm Springs, the ride up Chino Canyon from the Valley Station to the Mountain Station brings a 30-degree temperature reduction.
Tram guests can also:
- Enjoy a hike through the pristine wilderness of Mount San Jacinto State Park’s 54 miles of trails. Trails range from the awe-inspiring 5.5-mile trek to the peak of San Jacinto (at 10,834, it is the second tallest mountain in Southern California) to the one-mile nature walk through picturesque Long Valley, located just behind the Mountain Station.
- Bring a picnic lunch and dine alfresco under a beautiful pine forest.
- Take a guided nature walk every Saturday and Sunday from Memorial Day through Labor Day, provided free of charge by volunteers of the state park. Choose from two easy trails: the 1.5 mile Desert View Trail beginning at 11 a.m. or the three-quarter mile Long Valley Nature Trail beginning at 1:30 p.m.
- Dine in one of two restaurants at the Mountain Station: Peaks Restaurant, offering fine dining, and the cafeteria-style Pines Café, plus the mountain-top cocktail lounge.
- Visit the Natural History Museum and watch two documentary movies about the history of the Tramway and the State Park.
Visit www.pstramway.com for more information.