Cheryl Tiegs Adds Runway Buzz to Fashion Week El Paseo
Will join Mariel Hemingway to introduce Cambria's upcoming El Paseo gallery
Cheryl Tiegs will join Mariel Hemingway as ambassadors for Cambria during the March 18 runway event at Fashion Week El Paseo in Palm Desert.
Photo Courtesy of Cambria
The buzz surrounding Fashion Week El Paseo will raise a few octaves when sponsor Cambria will celebrate the opening of its El Paseo countertop gallery with a special runway appearance by fashion and beauty icon, Cheryl Tiegs.
Tiegs, Cambria’s ambassador of style, will join Mariel Hemingway, Cambria’s ambassador of health, on the runway March 18 at Fashion Week El Paseo’s “Runway Night Street Seen” featuring fashions and accessories from 10 El Paseo retailers.
The evening also focuses on The GirlFriend Factor, a local nonprofit that provides education grants to women. The cocktail reception will support the cause with a little black “cocktail party” dress theme.
Tieg’s legacy as an American model, actress, designer, author, and entrepreneur has led her all over the world.
“My experience in beauty and fashion has been a great education,” she says.
Years of travel and living out of a suitcase, Tiegs has mastered the art of practicality and says she often packs basics to mix and match while on the road without compromising her style.
“I believe that beauty and function are equally important,” she says.
- To take care of yourself physically.
- I try to exercise daily, I like hiking in the mountains. It’s easy and important.
- I like yoga for balance, coordination and strength. You have to have patience. I like that.
- I want to age gracefully and maintain happiness…this is important.
- Laugh a lot. Have people around you that you like. Watch wonderful movies. Dance around the kitchen with the music blaring.
- To take care of your soul and spirit.
- To take care of yourself inside because that is where the beauty is.
An ambassador of style for Cambria for almost eight years, Tiegs brings awareness to the brand from her own years as in the fashion and beauty industry.
“I know colors and color palettes and what is going to be attractive or going to attract your eye or make people feel comfortable,” she says. “Being practical and beautiful inside and out is important to me.”