Justin Timberlake Jacket Among Items Coming to Hard Rock Hotel
Memorabilia will adorn Palm Springs site
Hard Rock International’s famed warehouse in Orlando, Fla., that stores more than 74,000 prized possessions gathered from music's greats.
Courtesy of Hard Rock Hotels
Keith Richards. Frank Sinatra. Elvis. Sammy Davis, Jr. Jimi Hendrix.
Not exactly the famed "Rat Pack", but items belonging to those stars and more will be part of the memorabilia that adorns the walls of the Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs.
The memorabilia is carefully chosen from the coveted “Rock Vault,” Hard Rock International’s famed warehouse in Orlando, Fla., that stores more than 74,000 prized possessions gathered from rock and roll greats. The collection chosen for the Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs will include autographed guitars, costumes from world tours, rare photographs, original contracts and more from almost every genre of music. More than 75 items will be displayed throughout the new hotel, which is set to open its doors in late September or early October, depending on construction.
“We can’t wait to show off our amazing collection,” says Hector Moreno, vice president and general manager for the Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs. “Our guests will get to see items from the biggest legends in musical history.”
A few highlights from the extensive collection includes:
• Rolling Stones’ Richards signed Danelectro guitar, considered a collector’s item in itself.
• Original photos used in the artwork for the Who’s epic 1973 album, Quadrophenia.
• A corduroy jacket owned and worn by the late, great Johnny Cash.
• A wool jacket worn by Sinatra, as well as a supplement to his Capitol Records contract from April 1, 1953 that was signed by the late Coachella Valley resident himself, stipulating that he would always receive top billing on all record labels.
• A leather biker jacket once owned by Elvis, along with a badge given to the King by the Palm Springs Police Department making him an honorary captain.
• A unique Vera Thordardottir outfit worn by Lady Gaga during her performance at Sir Elton John’s “White Tie and Tiara Ball” in 2010.
• A stylish William Rast tuxedo jacket worn by Justin Timberlake in a 2008 “Fashion Rocks” photo shoot.
• A fringed outfit worn by Barbados-born pop sensation Rihanna in the video for her 2010 smash single “Only Girl (In the World).”
• A meticulously hand-crafted First Act guitar made especially for, and with the input of, Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine, who used it on stage.
• A Yamaha CB70 electric grand piano acquired by Chris Martin of Coldplay, who used it live as a composition tool and also in the video for “Shiver.”
• A leather shirt from the personal wardrobe of Sly Stone, leader of Sly and the Family Stone.
• A custom suit tailored for Sammy Davis, Jr. who once owned a home in Palm Springs.
• A fringed jacket from the 1960’s belonging to Hendrix, certainly the most important and influential electric guitarist of all time, who also had an impact on the world of fashion.
• Bruce Springsteen’s lyrics to “Hearts of Stone” – never released – with his handwritten annotations.
• Eric Clapton’s vintage National Studio 66 guitar.
• A fringed vest worn by the first lady of country music, Loretta Lynn.
The Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs will also feature a unique lobby sculpture made of 500 recycled loud speakers and assorted electronic parts including amplifiers, radios, tuners and more. The interactive display was designed by popular Berlin-based artist Benoît Maubrey and will allow guests to “communicate” with music.