By Sharon Apfelbaum
Now the storied Riviera boasts a chef to match its recent multimillion dollar makeover. Fresh from creating Baleen at Portofino Hotel in Redondo Beach, Executive Chef Jesse Souza aims to present a “new American” cuisine that complements the hotel’s midcentury modern décor.
With chef stints at high-end, bi-coastal destinations from Maine to Florida and San Francisco to Southern California, Souza is eager to combine fresh ideas and familiar classics. “I want our food to match the legends here,” Souza says.
Modern renditions of classic dishes as well as elegant new inspirations combine to make sure there is a dish for every palate.
Classic selections include a roasted Macaroni & Cheese that gets an upgrade from fresh Maine lobster and truffle essence, while the always popular Wedge salad is adorned with Candied Bacon and jalapeno/cilantro-spiked buttermilk dressing. Linguine with Shrimp, Smoked Tomato, & Arugula Pesto, Warm Goat Cheese with Grilled Figs & Pistachios, and Seared Tuna with Quinoa Tabbouleh and Avocado Yogurt round out the light and summery side of Circa 59’s latest offerings.
With an eclectic boutique wine list, which has received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator for four consecutive years, Circa 59 offers wine by the bottle or glass from vineyards along the Pacific Coast from Santa Barbara and the Central Coast north through Washington state.
The restaurant is open for breakfast from 7 to 11 a.m. Lunch is served from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and dinner from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and from 6 to 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Text the word RIVIERA to the number 90947 to receive special offers, sign up for giveaways and more.
CIRCA 59 at Riviera Palm Springs
1600 N. Indian Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262
Text the word RIVIERA to the number 90947 or scan below to receive special offers, sign up for giveaways, and more.
• Summer Tomato Gazpacho Feta and avocado crouton
• Warm Goat Cheese Grilled figs, pistachios and honey
• Wedge BLT Candied bacon and jalapeño ranch
• Roasted Oysters “Riviera”
• Heirloom Tomato Flatbread Gruyere and basil
• Lobster Mac and Cheese Truffle
• Duck Carnitas Cornmeal crepes, and chipotle apple slaw
• Crisp Roasted Chicken Corn succotash, spinach and goat cheese fritter
• Linguine and Shrimp Smoked tomato, arugula pesto and parmesan
• Rare Seared Ahi Tuna Quinoa tabbouleh, avocado yogurt, and jalapeño chimichurri
• Hook Ladder Pinot Noir
• Rubicon Cabernet Blend
• Grgich Hills Cabernet Sauvignon
• Justin Isosceles
• Newton Claret
• Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc
• Nickel and Nickel Chardonnay
• Paul Hobbs Chardonnay
• Landmark Vineyard Overlook Chardonna
• Nicolas Feuillatte, Brut
• Beau Joie, Brut Rosé, Epernay
• Krug Grand Cuvée Brut, Reims