By Pamela Bieri
Stuft Pizza Bar & Grill patrons have long been passionate about their neighborhood hot spot in Old Town La Quinta. But now locals and visitors have another Stuft Pizza to rave about. The new location is part of the redevelopment of Westfield Palm Desert and is located on the exterior of the mall next to Barnes and Noble.
“We’re featuring the same menu, same prices, same happy hour, and same fun atmosphere! The only thing we’re doing is expanding. The new entrance and expansion brings a whole new vitality to Westfield,” says owner John Bertram.
The new Palm Desert restaurant is warmly appointed with wood and earth tone fabrics, comfortable banquettes and roomy booths throughout the large bar, dining rooms, and an outdoor patio.
Enjoy watching your favorite sports on HDTVs throughout both restaurants. Relax at the bar or on patios with stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains in La Quinta, or gaze up at the San Jacinto Mountains challenging Bump & Grind trail above Palm Desert.
There’s something for everyone with more than 100 menu items in addition to award-winning pizza — prime steaks, seafood, pastas, innovative salads, small plates and sharable dishes, 15 draft beer and microbrew options, handcrafted cocktails, and more than 35 wines by the glass. Wine Spectator recently recognized Stuft Pizza for its outstanding wine program featuring more than 150 reserve bottles sold at near retail pricing.
Whether its lunch al fresco on the patios, happy hour, a special occasion, or an impromptu get-together, this locally owned restaurant is the place to be.
Open daily at 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday, to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and to 9 p.m. Sunday with Happy Hour daily from 3 to 6 p.m.
Stuft Pizza Bar & Grill
• 78015 Main Street, Old Town La Quinta, CA 92253 — 760-777-9989
• 72840 Highway 111, ste. V465, Westfield Palm Desert, CA 92260 — 760-610-7990
• Date and Bacon Flatbread — thin rolled dough covered with garlic, olive oil, mozzarella, brie, diced bacon and dates
• “Stuft Meatloaf” — traditional meatloaf with a “Stuft Pizza” twist served with mashed potatoes
• Grilled Artichoke — steamed and flash grilled artichoke served with garlic butter and herb mayonnaise
• Prime New York Steak — 12 oz. grilled with a wild mushroom demi glace, grilled onions, mixed vegetables, and fingerling potatoes
• New Orleans Chicken
• Shrimp Pasta — chicken, shrimp, fresh bell peppers, green onions tossed in linguini with creole sauce
• Pepper Crusted Ahi Steak — black pepper-crusted yellowfin tuna with orange soy glaze served with a vegetable spring roll and steamed white rice.
• “Stuff This! Ice Cream Pie”
• Gluten Free Brownie
• Seasonal Sorbets
• Kosta Browne Pinot Noir, Russian River
• Pio Cesare Barolo, Piedmonte
• Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, WA
• Ramey “Hyde Vineyard” Chardonnay, Napa Valley
• Rotating Microbrews
• CV Monumentus IPA
• La Quinta Poolside Blonde