By Ellen Paris
TRIO, “Where Palm Springs eats and drinks,” located in an historic mid century building in Palm Springs’ sophisticated Uptown Design District, is lively and upbeat year-round. Locals (TRIO "regulars") love its varied menu combining traditional comfort foods with a contemporary edge, like Yankee pot roast, crawfish pot pie and skirt steak. TRIO’s décor matches the mood — vibrant splashes of color, and creative lighting.
Since opening in 2009, TRIO has generated recognition as one of Palm Springs’ top restaurants and hot spots by numerous lifestyle and travel publications and websites, including being named one of Open Table’s Top 100 Hot Spots in the U.S. The restaurant, also listed in Tripadvisor’s top 10 percent of restaurants worldwide, is a Zagat-rated restaurant, and local favorite.
“The key to our popularity is our food is consistent, we are priced well, servers are friendly and knowledgeable, and there’s a welcoming energy in the room,” says Tony Marchese, co-owner of TRIO with Mark Van Laanen, executive chef.
TRIO offers a three-course prix fix menu, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., and cocktail hour with $3 well, $5 Call, $8 premium $5 Bar Bites 11am to 7 p.m. Bar and patio. Lunch begins at 11 a.m.
TRIO draws a diverse crowd all day long. The 140-seat eatery is often filled with the “ladies who lunch” country club set who feel that TRIO is worth the drive from other valley cities. Evenings draw groups of young women and men, as well as couples. TRIO also hosts corporate events, bachelor and bachelorette parties, wedding rehearsal dinners and most recently, same sex marriage receptions.
“We are also big supporters of charity events,” says Marchese, who is on the board of the Aids Assistance Program. We’ve raised $65,000 over the last four years for Dining Out For Life®, an annual dining event raising money for client services at Desert AIDS Project.”
Text the word TRIO to the number 90947 or scan below to receive special offers, sign up for giveaways and more.
TRIO Restaurant and Bar
707 North Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262
• Hand Breaded Calamari — Lightly fried with Home made Thai Dipping Sauce
• Fried Artichoke Hearts — Served with Caper Aioli dipping Sauce
• Roasted Beet Salad — Baby Beets, Mixed Greens, Pecans, Blue Cheese, Citrus Section, Balsamic Vinaigrette
• Wedge Salad Trio Style — Blue Cheese, Tomato, Pine Nuts, Bread Crumbs, House Made Blue Cheese Dressing
• Yankee Pot Roast — Slow Roaster with Carrots and Pearl Onions over Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
• Crawfish Pot Pie — Crawfish, Classic Etoufee Puff Pastry Top
• Trio Mac and 5 Cheese — Fontina, Cheddar, Blue Romano & Goad Cheese, Bacon and Green Onion Topped with Tomato and Bread Crumbs
• Lamb Shank — Braised In Burgundy, Rosemary and Garlic served with Autumn Vegetables and Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
• Fresh Ahi Tuna Steak — Seared Rare with Chinese pesto sauce and stir fry vegetables
• Shrimp Nola — Sauteed Shrimp in Louisiana Red Butter Sauce Served over Brown Rice
• Butterscotch Pot de Crème
• Trio Nut Torte
• Hot Brownie Sundae
• Fresh Fruit Crips
• Tolosa No Oak Chardonay
• Dutton Goldfield Pinot Noir Russian River