By Pamela Bieri
The Indian Wells Golf Resort's fine dining restaurant and bar has undergone a transformation this summer that reflects more current dining and beverage trends. An innovative craft style restaurant focusing on local produce, sustainably raised meat and poultry, fresh seafood and farm-to-table cuisine is under the guidance and fresh inspiration of Chef de Cuisine Cale Falk, who has been sous chef here for the past three years.
New renovations include glass dividers that separate the restaurant from the new gastropub which features top local craft brews, notably Saint Archer out of San Diego. A premium selection of California and West Coastal wines are featured in a temperature-controlled wine room. A new bar menu has been carefully designed to complement both craft beers and quality wines.
The former private dining room is now a sushi bar, offering tasty bites of sushi, sashimi, and a variety of rolls and hand rolls. This area extends to the outdoor patio where a bamboo garden offers more casual seating.
Complete new furnishings throughout offer a modern atmosphere that is casual yet sophisticated with more seating options. Extending outdoor dining, the dining room terrace overlooking the resort’s entrance with commanding views of Eisenhower Mountain, has a new retractable awning and furnishings that provide a more comfortable venue for year round use.
The entire area was also refurbished with new carpeting to complete the refreshed, updated direction. Multiple flat-screen televisions “in the round” in the gastropub offer a relaxing setting for after golf refreshments or pre and post dinner cordials. Also, look for a premiere events center to launch in the near future.
Lunch is served daily from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and dinner, Monday to Sunday, from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Sunday brunch is from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The IW Café is open for breakfast from 6 to 11 a.m., and for hot appetizers, wraps, and a full bar including draft beers from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Golf Shop is open daily, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Indian Wells Golf Resort
44500 Indian Wells Lane, Indian Wells, CA 92210
• Braised Pork Belly — Granny Smith apple slaw, walnut butter, micro arugula
• PEI Mussels — Bilbao Chorizo, Spanish onions, grilled baguette lemon grass broth
• Ahi Tuna Crudo — Passion fruit pearls, mango, pickled radish citrus ginger vinaigrette
• Beet Three Ways — Beet soil, raw beet, roasted beet, honey pearls goat cheese dressing
• Maine Lobster — Buddha Hand, Forbidden rice cake, Uni butter
• U10 Diver Scallops — Wilted kale, caramelized cauliflower, caperraisin emulsion
• Bacon Wrapped Venison — Bulgar wheat, sour cherry, roasted beet
• Beef Tenderloin — Creamed spinach, lemon, roasted garlic
• Warm flourless chocolate lava cake
• Carrot cake with organic carrots
• Chocolate Raspberry Mousse
• Butterscotch Crème Brulee
• Bougetz Cellars, 2012 sauvignon banc, Rutherford
• Jaqk Cellars, 2009 “Pearl Handle” chardonnay, Napa Valley
• Cakebread Cellars, 2010 chardonnay, Napa Valley
• Trinchero Estates, 2008 “Haystack” cabernet sauvignon, Napa Valley
• MacPhail, 2009 “Gaps Crown” pinot noir, Sonoma Coast
• Michael David, 2009 “Gluttony” Old Vine zinfandel, Lodi
• Saint Archer (Pale Ale, Blonde, IPA) San Diego, California
• Lost Coast (Downtown Brown) Eureka, California
• Speakeasy Brewery (Prohibition Ale) San Francisco, California
Is this your company? Update or enhance your listings »