By Tamara Damante
When it's time to take a break from the action in the casino, guests are invited to experience the culinary excellence of The Steakhouse. Honored by Wine Spectator magazine for its extensive California wine list, for the 5th year in a row, The Steakhouse offers 180 different selections, with more than 1,700 bottles in its inventory.
Forget what you know about traditional steak houses and indulge in a refreshing take on an American classic. Gone are the days of a simple slab of prime rib and a baked potato. This is an opportunity for your taste buds to experience variety, delicious blends of flavors, scents, and of course Prime Filets, grilled to perfection.
One of the most popular new additions to The Steakhouse at Spa Resort Casino is the $29 early bird special. You’ll enjoy menu items like Prime Rib with au jus and horseradish, mashed potatoes, and vegetables. Seafood fans will love the organic salmon with orange horseradish glaze and mashed potatoes. This spectacular menu is offered Sunday through Thursday, from 5 to 6 p.m.
Now, let’s be clear. The Steakhouse excels in what a gourmet restaurant should: It serves only the finest meats and seafood on the market, accompanied by delicious sides and outstanding customer service. Executive Chef Paul Woods takes pride in his presentation of Rack of Lamb with leeks, Brussels sprouts, and mashed potatoes; the Veal Chop with mashed potatoes and sage butter; and Medallion of Lamb and Mushroom Ravioli in a mushroom sherry sauce with shitake gremolata. Each experience is rich, savory, and unforgettable.
Adding to the eclectic offerings at The Steakhouse is a whimsical new approach to the final course: A menu of Miniature Desserts! Add a mini dessert for only $3! That’s if you have room… Reservations recommended. Open nightly at 5 p.m.
The Steakhouse At Spa Resort Casino
401 E. Amado Road, Palm Springs, CA 92262
• Portabella Thermidor filled with scallops, shrimp and crab in cardinal sauce and mousseline glaze
• Escargot in traditional garlic butter with brie and sourdough bread
• The Steakhouse Salad with butter lettuce, egg, bacon, tomato and blue cheese with brown derby dressing
• Porterhouse Steak
• Herb Roasted Prime Rib — King and Queen Cuts
• Canadian Lobster
• Alaskan King Crab Legs with drawn butter
• Chardonnay, 2010, Cakebread Cellars, Napa
• Chardonnay, 2010, Jordan, Sonoma
• Chardonnay, 2010, Stag’s Leap, Napa
• Viognier, 2008, Stag’s Leap, Napa
• Merlot, 2007, “Ashley’s” Fess Parker, Santa Barbara
• Merlot, 2009, “Starmont” Merryvale, Napa
• Meritage, 2005, Caine 5 Napa
• Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009, Cakebread Cellars, Napa
• Cabernet Sauvignon, 2005, Far Niente, Oakville Estate
• Freshest Paloma
• Strawberry Fields
• Cucumber Martini
• Hendrick’s Mojito