A Desert tradition for more than 36 years, KOBE is the only Japanese-owned steakhouse in the Coachella Valley. The restaurant, a replica of a 300-year-old Japanese country inn, set behind a beautiful garden and pond, is a landmark on Highway 111 in Rancho Mirage.
Your KOBE experience begins as you enter the traditional Japanese garden, with its handmade water wheel, tsukubai fountain, and temple garden bell. A wooden mon, or gateway, greets you at the entry and, as you cross the red footbridge, you can enjoy the sounds of a gentle waterfall flowing into the koi pond. Many of the colorful koi have lived in the pond since the restaurant opened, and others were born there. Feeding them is a desert tradition.
KOBE is pure dining entertainment: an engaging blend of dynamic teppan-grill cooking and fresh, flavorful, Japanese cuisine that creates a spirited atmosphere of shared celebration and delight. Countless collectibles and artwork imported from Japan give the rooms a warm, authentic quality. The intimate sushi bar features the freshest fish and generous portions. In the dining rooms, highly skilled master chefs artfully slice and dice everything from the highest-quality certified Angus steak and chicken to seafood delicacies such as lobster, tiger prawns, scallops, and halibut. All are prepared before your eyes in a fun and festive setting around the communal table.
“Our 36-year history sets us apart,” says General Manager Tim Fox. “KOBE’s wonderful, dedicated staff, many of whom have been here for more than 20 years, have perfected the Japanese steakhouse experience. We keep it simple by allowing the high quality of our ingredients to shine on our teppan grills and sushi bar. It keeps our guests coming back for more.”
Open for dinner nightly at 5 p.m. Reservations recommended.
KOBE Japanese Steak House
On Restaurant Row: 69838 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
760-324-1717 • www.koberanchomirage.com
• A wide variety of the freshest sashimi and sushi. Kobe specialties include Blackened Tuna, Dragon Rolls, Rainbow Rolls, KOBE Poke, and Bonsai Tree
• Assorted Tempura Appetizer
• Salad with Kobe’s popular house-made Ginger Dressing
• Original, Spicy, and Garlic Fried Rice
• Complete dinners with Teppan Shrimp Appetizer, blend of Vegetables, White Rice, Miso Soup, and choice of Sherbet or Green Tea Ice Cream
• Certified Angus New York Steak or Filet Mignon
• Tiger Prawns
• Teriyaki Chicken
• Orange Roughy
• Vegetable and Tofu Tempura Dinner
Early Bird Menu and Kobe Kid’s Menu available
• Complimentary cake and spirited song for birthdays and anniversaries
• Kobe Special
• Kobe Klimax
• Mai Tai
• Blue Hawaii
• Lava Flow
• Tokyo Tea
BEER, SAKE, WINE
• Asahi Dry, Sapporo, Kirin, Sho Chiku Bai, Ginjo Premium Cold Sake, Nigori Unfiltered, and many more
•A full wine list of red and white selections from California