By Pamila Bieri
A culinary Mecca in an extraordinary setting, La Quinta Resort & Club and PGA WEST offers multiple dining options each remarkable and distinctively their own, including: Morgan’s in the desert, TWENTY6, Adobe Grill and Ernie’s Bar and Grill.
Morgan’s in the desert, spearheaded by James Beard award-winning chef Jimmy Schmidt, offers contemporary American cuisine that draws its inspiration from the local area. Complementing the farm-to-table menu is an innovative list of vintage cocktails, handcrafted spirits and California boutique wines. Morgan’s has earned Wine Spectator magazine’s 2012 Award of Excellence. The bar offers live music, a savory bar menu and artisan cheese flights. Morgan’s evokes the glamour, history and architecture of the original 1926 venue.
TWENTY6 is a modern American bistro featuring Chef Michael Vaughn’s versions of updated classics prepared with seasonal, local ingredients. Reminiscent of a classic urban grill, the 1920s art deco design provides a fun spot for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bar TWENTY6 offers small bites, classic cocktails, California wines and draft beer.
Adobe Grill is famous for its tableside guacamole, signature margaritas and more than 50 tequilas. The vibrant interior is the perfect setting to experience authentic regional Mexican cuisine with salsas and tortillas made fresh daily. Rated as a Top 100 Outdoor Dining Venue in the U.S., Adobe features live entertainment on the Plaza on Fridays and Saturdays. Open nightly for dinner, Sunday brunch and lunch during peak season.
Ernie’s Bar & Grill, in the newly designed Tournament Clubhouse at PGA WEST, is a favorite dining destination for sports fans offering flavorful gastro-pub fare created by Chef Fernando Cruz. Ernie’s offers high-definition TVs and al fresco dining around two fire pits with fabulous views of the TPC Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament courses. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
La Quinta Resort & Club
49499 Eisenhower Drive, La Quinta, CA 92253
56150 PGA Boulevard, La Quinta, CA 92253
MORGAN’S IN THE DESERT
• Porcini Crusted All Natural Filet Chanterelle Salad and Roasted Cauliflower Puree
• Charred Aleppo
• Peppered Ahi Tuna - Braised Fennel, Blood Orange and Fennel Emulsion
• The Bradshaw - Don Julio 100% Agave Tequila, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, X-Rated Passion Fruit Infused Vodka
• Charred Oysters - Fanny Bay Oysters, Red & Black Spice, JMM Lemon Vinaigrette
• Pears and Dates Flatbread - Local Medjool Date Preserve, Bosc Pears, Goat Cheese, Baby Wild Arugula, Truffle oil
Craft Beers include:
• North Coast’s Blue Star
• Scrimshaw Pilsner
• Lost Coast’s Great White Ale
• Jumbo Lump Crab Cake - Fried shallots, avocado puree, chili sauce
• Hanger Steak & Tots - Paprika mustard marinade, garlic tots, housemade steak sauce
La Quinta Signature Orange Blossom - Sous Vide infused Citrus Vodka, Orange Liqueur, fresh squeezed Lime and Orange
• Mexican Seabass a la Veracruzana - Seared Seabass, Capers, Olives and Tomatoes
• Award-winning Tamales
Perfect Margarita - Peligroso Silver Tequila, Cointreau, Fresh squeezed Lime and Lemon Juice