By Pamela Bieri
Pinzimini, the tantalizing new restaurant The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa, enlivens the senses with fresh modern Italian cuisine by Chef Shawn Aoki, and a sophisticated, modernist decor.
Offering a modern-forward palate with a healthy food philosophy, Aoki’s savory Italian flavors are inspired by home-cooked favorites: natural handcrafted artisan salumi, brick oven thin crust pizzas; handmade pastas, contorni or small sharing plates; and classic grilled steaks, chops, poultry, and seafood
Other signature items are the Antipasti Bar which offers a variety of vegetarian items, seafood salads, and cured meats; and the Pinzimini Bistecca, a Porter House Angus steak marinated for 24 hours in Tuscan olive oil, garlic, and rosemary and then seared to perfection. Even its name is diminutive for an olive-oil-and-sea-salt dip served with Pinzimini’s signature crusty bread.
Gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan classic dishes and those containing nuts and dairy products are noted on the menu. Another highlight of Westin’s healthy choice commitment is Pinzimini’s super foods breakfast offering health-enhancing foodsynergy choices such as fruits, vegetables, grains, and proteins known to improve well being and longevity.
Its understated palette of silver gray walls are accented with colorful woven textures and tiles. The centerpiece is Pinzimini’s hand-tiled, bright yellow pizza oven towering to lofty heights. A granitetopped dining bar flanks the oven and exhibition kitchen. Bright red banquettes accent seating under a cathedral atrium, where an arched two-story window overlooks patio dining and the golf course.
Pinzimini’s new sparkling bar features handcrafted cocktails, Bellini’s, and refreshing Italian cream sodas, as well domestic and Italian wines, beers, and spirits.
Chef Aoki also oversees venues that include the Fireside Lounge, in-room dining, three pools, and two championship golf courses. His talent and passion are apparent in each of these venues with his seasonally refreshed menus.
Open for daily for breakfast 7 to 11 a.m.; lunch, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and dinner Sunday through Thursday 5 to 10 p.m. and to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
71333 Dinah Shore Drive, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
SALUMI - APPETIZERS
All-natural, hand-crafted Creminelli artisan salami:
• Bistecca Alla Fiorentina - Tuscan-style marinated 38-ounce porterhouse for two
• Branzino Agrodolce - Whole roasted sea bass, fennel, citrus, sage, sweet & sour sauce
• Vulcano - San Marzano tomato sauce, Italian spicy sausage, olive, mozzarella, Serrano chili, spicy oil
• Calabresse - Hand-crafted pepperoni, mozzarella, dried oregano, grana padano, San Marzano tomato sauce
• Margherita - San Marzano tomato, buffalo mozzarella, basil
• Torta Caprese (signature chocolate flourless cake)
WHITE ITALIAN WINE
• Mastroberardino, Greco di Tufo, Campania
• Bollini, Pinot Grigio, Trentino-alto
• Voga, Pinot Grigio, Trentino-alto
RED ITALIAN WINE
• Gabbiano, Chianti Clasico, Tuscany
• Valle Reale, Montepulciano, Abruzzo
• Allegrini, Palazzo della Torre, Veneto
• Rossini Bellini- Zardetto prosecco, strawberry vodka, strawberry puree
• House-made Organic Limoncello
• GodFather Amaretto di Saronno, Famous Grouse Scotch
Is this your company? Update or enhance your listings »