By Marissa Willman
Long known in the desert for its fine USDA steaks and award-winning wine list, The Steakhouse at Spa Resort Casino is debuting a fresh take on culinary excellence this year with a newly renovated dining room and a traditionally inspired menu that takes steakhouse classics to the next level.
Diners will delight in the refined elegance that defines Executive Chef Paul Woods’ new menu. Classic steak cuts like Filet Mignon and New York are present, as are options like Rack of Lamb and fresh seafood. Some of the true stars of The Steakhouse menu, though, are the freshly cut Porterhouse and the impressive Bone-in Rib Eye, a feast for the senses thanks to its commanding presentation and impeccable preparation.
The new, simplified menu also pleases palates with an updated selection of sides to pair with your choice of entrée. Bacon lovers won’t want to miss The Steakhouse’s new take on mashed potatoes, which are served on a bed of sizzling bacon atop a miniature skillet.
No matter what you choose to enjoy at The Steakhouse, your meal is sure to pair easily with a selection from the restaurant’s wine cellar. Hundreds of varieties are available from the list, which has earned multiple accolades from Wine Spectator magazine including the Wine Spectator Award for Excellence.
Dine between 5 and 6 p.m., and you can enjoy The Steakhouse’s classic offerings for just $29. The Early Bird Special menu includes a 5-ounce Filet, organic Salmon with orange horseradish glaze or free range chicken breast with mushroom Marsala sauce, served with your choice of soup du jour or Caesar salad.
Above all, The Steakhouse continues to offer outstanding customer service and the highest quality meats and seafood, just as a gourmet restaurant should. Reservations recommended. Open nightly at 5 p.m.
The Steakhouse at Spa Resort Casino
401 East Amado Road, Palm Springs, CA 92262
888-999-1995 • www.sparesortcasino.com
• Escargot in traditional garlic butter with Brie and sourdough bread
• Maryland Style Jumbo Crab Cakes Pan-seared with a Shallot Beurre Blanc Sauce
• Ultimate Seafood Cocktail 4 Ounce Maine Lobster Tail, Shrimp, King Crab and Oysters
• The Steakhouse Salad with butter lettuce, egg, bacon, tomato, and blue cheese with brown derby dressing
• Porterhouse Steak
• Herb Roasted Prime Rib King and Queen Cuts
• Alaskan King Crab Legs with drawn butter
• Chardonnay, 2010, Cakebread Cellars, Napa
• Chardonnay, 2010, Jordan, Sonoma
• Chardonnay, 2012, Stag’s Leap, Napa
• Viognier, 2012, Stag’s Leap, Napa
• Merlot, 2007, Ashley’s Fess Parker, Santa Barbara
• Merlot, 2009, Starmont Merryvale, Napa
• Meritage, 2005, Caine 5 Napa
• Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010, Cakebread Cellars, Napa
• Cabernet Sauvignon, 2006, Far Niente, Oakville Estate