Glamour Begins at Home
These Studio 54-inspired ensembles encourage the ultimate in lounging
Photography by Jiro Schneider
Fashion Editor/Stylist: Jules Moore
Model: Alex Long, Nous Models
Hair Stylist: Andre Blaise
Makeup Artist: Annie Ing
Location: Arthur Elrod’s Las Palmas Oasis, Palm Springs, Courtesy Beau Monde Villas (877-318-2090, www.beaumondevillas.com)
Beauty Tips — MAKEUP
1. First, mist face with Evian facial spray, and pat dry. Makeup artist Annie Ing prefers Kate Somerville Nourish Daily Moisturizer and CytoCell Dark Circle Corrective Eye Cream, if needed.
2. Apply Heir Atelier Ultimate Make Up Prep to forehead, nose, and chin.
3. Blend Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Foundation; this provides coverage, yet is light in texture.
4. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer hides color imperfections around the nose and under the eyes.
5. MAC Eyeshadow in Brule and Chanel eyebrow pencil make the model’s brown eyes pop.
6. Impart a “natural” glow with NARS Douceur Blush.
7. For the lips, first apply Burt’s Bees Lip Balm and a dab of foundation (to avoid dehydration and to make it last). Next, sweep on Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in Passion.
Beauty Tips — HAIR
1. First, spray roots with Oribe Maximista.
2. Use a large round brush to blow dry middle and back sections to create lift with softness.
3. Use a medium-size round brush for the crown and front sections to create lift and volume.
4. Next, flip head over and use hands and hair dryer to loosen up the sections and wake up the scalp and roots.
5. Then, flip back and backcomb the front, crown, and a little on the sides. Pull these sections up and away from the face, and secure in a messy knot behind the top of the crown.
6. Push the knot section forward until you are happy with the shape and height. If you desire, pull a few wisps out from the sides and top for this sexy French feel.
7. Finish with your favorite hairspray (stylist Andre Blaise uses a classic Elnett by L’Oreal Paris).