Palm Spring Historical Sites - Building and Land Markers
Edit ModuleShow Tags
← Return to search
Dr. Smith / Dr. Peppers Office
Map483 North Palm Canyon
Palm Springs, CA 92262
This small Spanish Eclectic structure was the northernmost residence in the village of Palm Springs when it was built in the 1920s. As the city grew, there was an increasing need for community services, especially along "Main Street," and Dr. Smith converted the residence to a medical office in the early 1930s. Dr. Peppers occupied this building from 1940 to 1958. This structure continues to be used as downtown office space, with a change from medical to real estate use in 1972.
HSPB-29. This plaque sponsored by the McCallum Desert Foundation.