Palm Spring Historical Sites - Building and Land Markers
← Return to search
General Telephone Building
Map365 North Palm Canyon
Palm Springs, CA 92262
This structure was built c. 1934 by the California Water & Telephone Company as a business office and switching center. It was purchased by General Telephone in 1967 and continued as a switching center until 1984. The structure is constructed of poured-in-place concrete highlighted by a Spanish Eclectic facade.
HSPB-26. This plaque sponsored by the McCallum Desert Foundation.