Palm Spring Historical Sites - Building and Land Markers
Edit ModuleShow Tags
← Return to search
Lykken's Department Store
Map180 North Palm Canyon
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Desert Pioneer, Carl Lykken, built the first general store in the Village in 1914. For many years it contained the only telephone and the post office. The store was remodeled with the existing overhang and arches when sidewalks were installed in the early 1930s.
Carl Lykken helped to establish the first Police Protection District and served on its board until the City incorporated in 1938.
HSPB-9. This plaque sponsored by the National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century, Cape Ann Chapter, California.