Palm Spring Historical Sites - Building and Land Markers

← Return to search

Historic Sites

Palm Springs City Hall

Map3200 East Tahquitz Canyon
Palm Springs, CA 92262
  • Historic Site Marker

Marker Details

Built Circa 1952 Designed by Albert Frey, John Porter Clark, Robson Chambers, and E. Stewart Williams This building is made of concrete block. Tubular aluminum bris-soliel offers shade, while allowing a view. In front of the City Council chamber is a large disk, on which is emblazoned "The People are the City." To the west, at the main entrance, is a cutout in the overhang of the same diameter as the disk, yielding a symmetry to the massing. Historic Site Preservation Board #33
Edit ModuleShow Tags
Edit ModuleShow Tags