New York is known as the fashion capital of the world. In Los Angeles, body consciousness is all the rage. The eighth annual Fashion Week El Paseo™ has carved a niche for itself in the land of luxury. Marvel at creations by Gilbert Chagoury, FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising graduates, or catch up with your favorite cast members of Project Runway.
Here’s a short list of our favorite events:
March 15, 2013
The Best of Saks Fifth Avenue
Saks Fifth Avenue kicks off a week of runway shows with the most electrifying and cutting-edge clothes from its spring 2013 collections. A cocktail reception precedes the show. And stay for the after party. 8 p.m., Palm Springs Art Museum, 101 N. Museum Dr., Palm Springs. 760-322-4800
March 16, 2013
Le Chien Showcase
Pop-up doggie specialty stores present their goods for you and your best friend from 2 to 4 p.m. Proceeds from this event will benefit Humane Society of the Desert. Big White Tent on Larkspur Lane between El Paseo and Shadow Mountain Dr., Palm Desert.
March 21, 2013
Press Conference with Michael Costello and Project Runway designers
Kickstart the morning with your favorites from the hit reality series, Project Runway. The designers will field questions about their designs, careers, and more at this press conference, which is open to the public. Arrive before the 10 a.m. start time for the best seating. Big White Tent on Larkspur Lane between El Paseo and Shadow Mountain, Palm Desert.
March 22, 2013
Sue Wong Trunk Show
In the good old days of fashion, designers lavished attention on their clients. Every woman could be a superstar, with a chic designer informing her clothing choices. Welcome back to the past, ladies. Designer Sue Wong will be available for consultations. Purchase her clothes and dress like an icon. 11 a.m. Big White Tent on Larkspur Lane between El Paseo and Shadow Mountain, Palm Desert.
Fashion Week El Paseo™ 2013 Schedule of Events
Friday, March 15, 2013
• The Best of Saks Fifth Avenue – 7 p.m. cocktail reception, 8 p.m. show
Saturday, March 16, 2013
• Le Chien Couture Fashion Show Featuring Linda Higgins – 5 p.m. cocktail reception, 6 p.m. show
Sunday, March 17, 2013
• Style and Beauty Bash – 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Trunk Show Cocktails & Puptails – 1-4 p.m.
• Victor Tung – 7 p.m. cocktail reception, 8 p.m. show
Monday, March 18, 2013
• Trunk Show 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising Presents:
A Salute to Three Decades of Debut Graduates – 7 p.m. cocktail reception, 8 p.m. show
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
• Sunnylands Chic – 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• El Paseo Runway – 6:30 p.m. cocktail reception, 8 p.m. show
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
• Meet Michael Costello and Project Runway Designers – 10-10:45 a.m.
• The Drama and Designs of Project Runway – 7 p.m. cocktail reception, 8 p.m. show
Thursday, March 21, 2013
• Trunk Show 11 a.m.– 3 p.m.
• Sue Wong – 7 p.m. cocktail reception, 8 p.m. show
Friday, March 22, 2013
• Trunk Show 11 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Houghton Designer Katharine Polk – 7 p.m. cocktail reception, 8 p.m. show
Saturday, March 23, 2013
• Gilbert Chagoury, Designer of the Week – 7 p.m. cocktail reception, 8 p.m. show