Marker Details: The Pacific Building was constructed by local builder Charles Chamberlin about 1936. It was originally owned by Dr. Rothman, a pediatrician from Los Angeles, and subsequently sold to Florian G. Boyd, a former Palm Springs mayor. This Mission Revival building with Mediterranean/Spanish elements contains office and retail spaces on the street level with several apartments upstairs. At one time, the Bombay Restaurant was located in the street-level corner store. HSPB-13. This plaque sponsored by the McCallum Desert Foundation.