Marker Details: One of the two Historical site plaques located in Palm Springs by the Country of Riverside. The warm spring here was the site of Se-Khe (boiling water), important village of the Kawasic Cahuilla Indians. The Spanish called it Agua Caliente (hot water). A stage station of that name operated from 1862 to 1876. As early as 1871 the Indians operated a bath house for tourists and the site is still tribally owned. Because of the surrounding native palm trees, it was later called "Palm Springs."