One of the best parts of living in the Greater Palm Springs area is the number of restaurants.
There are plenty of choices.
Which means if your No. 1 choice happens to be booked, look at No. 2, or 3 or 4, for that matter. Chances are you're not going to lose much in the way of great food, drink, ambiance, and entertainment.
Here are 10 restaurants to consider in no particular order, and call ahead to reserve a spot. Click on the restaurant name for more details.
• Lulu California Bistro: Serving a four-course dinner and offering a champagne toast, hats, and party favors for $99.99 per person starting at 9 p.m. Early diners can enjoy the four-course dinner and champagne toats from 5-8 p.m. for $49.99 per person. Live music from te Big Fun Orchestra and singer Tyra Juliette.
• dish Creative Cuisine: The restaurant makes its Palm Springs debut on North Palm Canyon with a four-course menu and entertainment from Gennine Francis, who has sung with The Pointer Sisters and Smokey Robinson among other music icons. The last dinner reservation is at 8 p.m. A New Year's Eve Party starts at 10:30 p.m. and runs until 1 a.m. with champagne, small bites, and party favors.
• Catalan Mediterranean Cuisine: Check out the Flamenco Show at 9 p.m. around a pair of dinner seatings at 5:45 p.m. and 6 p.m. Two Chef-tasting menus.
• Copley's on Palm Canyon: Two seatjngs available, 5-6 p.m. and 6 p.m. and later with entree choices of Parsley Scented Colorado Rack of Lamb, Prime Beef Tenderloin & Poached Lobster, Lightly Smoked Scottish Salmon and Sesame Seared Hawaiian Ahi Tuna.
• The Workshop Kitchen & Bar: Chef/owner Michael Beckmann has crated an amazing menu with reservations booked from 9-11 p.m. Among the menu items are small plate dishes like osetra caviar with duck egg, grilled brioche, seaweed and meyer lemon sabayon or celery root and black truffle soup with roasted apple and leek ragu.
• TRIO: Three dinner seatings followed by a party at the bar starting at 10 p.m. Three-course menu includes Crab Bisque, Surf & Turf, amd Mocha Mud Cake among other choices.
• Vicky's of Santa Fe: Lizann Warner sings you into the New Year with a collection of songs crossing pop rock, classical, country and jazz. Main dining room seatings from 5-10 p.m. and two seatings in the music room from 6-8:45 and 9 p.m. to close. Menu includes seafood, steaks, chops and racks. plus house favs.
• Wally's Desert Turtle: Early seating starts at 5 p.m.with a second at 8:30 p.m. Six-course dinner with items like Cauliflower Agro Dolce with Toasted Almonds; Winter Red Goat Cheese Salad; Aspen Ridge Ribeye Beef Cap, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Gianduja.
• Sullivan's Steakhouse in Palm Desert: Four-course menu for $79 per person with choices like Crispy Shanghai Calamari for two, Roasted Butternut Squash soup, Lobster Basil Stuffed Shrimp, and Bananas Foster Bread pudding.
• The Vue Grille and Bar at Indian Wells Golf Resort: Four-course menu, champagne, and entertainment plus live entertainment and dancing. Check out these entrees of Beef Tenderloin, Alaskan Halibut, Half Roasted Jidori Chicken, and Loch Duart Salmon.