Like the egg hunts that capture the fun and frivolity of Easter, so does the opportunity to sit down to a nice meal.
More and more, that meal is becoming an Easter brunch where the cooking chores belong to someone else and your only responsibility is to enjoy the wonderful assortment of food and drink.
Here are some suggestions on where to go in the desert March 31. Make those reservations today to ensure a seat for you and your party.
If you have a suggestion to share, leave it in the comments section.
* The chefs at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino will cook up ready-to-made omelets, eggs Benedict, cheese stuffed mini croissants almond French toast and more from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Easter egg hunts are not just for kids. In addition to offering a buffet brunch, the Viceroy Palm Springs will conduct a pair of egg hunts for adults only at 1 and 3 p.m. March 31. Inside the eggs will be special prizes, like a 30-minute Estrella Spa Treatment or lunch for two at the Viceroy’s Citron restaurant.
* Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse offers a three-course Easter brunch menu featuring a Lobster Bisque appetizer, Prime rib entrée and White Chocolate Bread pudding for dessert. Runs 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Rancho Mirage.
* From fried artichoke hearts to roasted baby beet salad to Eggs Benedict, Trio has a $19 price-fixe menu for Easter brunch in addition to its regular menu. Brunch starts at 11 a.m. and the price fixe menu runs until 6 p.m.
* Tacos & Tequila at the Morongo Casino, Resort and Spa delivers a mix of Mexican culture with an assortment of breakfast specialties. Brunch is served 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. with Huevos Rancheros, Huevos Con Chorizo to Chilaquiles.
* Workshop Kitchen & Bar in Palm Springs will serve its full menu in addition to a $26 three-course prix-fixe brunch menu, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. They also serve a three-course Easter dinner for $47 from 4-11 p.m.
* The Daily Grill in Palm Desert offers a signature Bloody Mary, classic eggs Benedict and roasted Prime Rib. A free mimosa with the purchase of an entrée. Opens at 10 a.m.
* Lantana at the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa offers full breakfast stations, baked ham, prime rib, fresh seafood and assorted side dishes from 9 a.m to 2 p.m.
* Dinner is another option on Easter Sunday. Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse in Palm Desert serves from 3-9 p.m.
* Don’t mind driving? Then take a trek to Temecula for Easter brunch at Wilson Creek Winery and Vineyards. Enjoy the buffet, listen to live music, have fun at a petting zoo and say ‘hi’ to the Easter Bunny.
For more options, visit our comprehensive calendar.