Photography by Peter Koval
Styling by Jules Moore
Models: Chaun (NEXT Models) and R. Vincent Guccione
Hair stylist: Andre Blaise, Flow Modern Design
Makeup artist: Annie Ing, Celestine Agency
How to create the Punk-Chic UpDo
First, section off both sides and flat iron. Pull these back and use a hair band with a couple of bobby pins to secure. Apply a light spray of L’Oréal hair spray. Use a flat iron on the back sections, then the top, and finish with the front — in this order. Next, tease the hair at the root of the front and top sections. Once you have the height you want, lightly mist the hair with the spray. You can also apply a little finishing cream, such as Kiehl’s Crème with Silk Groom, on the sides for any fly-aways.
1. To prepare skin, use a light moisturizer, such as Kate Somerville.
2. Apply Georgio Armani foundation (to eyelids as well).
3. Enhance the eyebrows for a fuller, ’60s look with an Anastasia eyebrow pencil in medium ash. Go over entire eyebrows, brush hairs upward, and fill in any gaps. Use an eyeliner pencil in black and lightly do the same, giving extra drama and definition to the eyebrows. Finish by using Anastasia eyebrow gel and brush hairs upward.
4. Use MAC eye shadow in taupe all over the eye for a soft, defined look.
5. Use an eyeliner pencil in brown on the lash line and under the eye. Then go over black eyeliner on lash line.
6. Use Lancôme mascara to finish eyes.
7. Jouer peach bouquet blush on cheeks.
8. Apply a little lip balm and then a little concealer (use NARS Belle de Jour).