Palm Springs was a desolate desert landscape, but Nellie Coffman saw an oasis and built the Desert Inn in the 1920’s.
Francis Stevens School in Palm Springs was chosen by the State Board of Education to be part of an educational exhibit at the San Francisco World’s Fair.
Exploring the open desert around Palm Springs became an organized activity in the 1930s when a group of men went on an 85-mile trek.
Home to movie mogul Darryl F. Zanuck for decades, this substantial estate was built in 1935 in the Movie Colony neighborhood.
Led by the brand new E9 locomotive, the Sunset Limited arrived in the Palm Springs Station on March 6, 1955.
The pool and spa at the Palm Mountain Resort & Spa have maintained their original shape from the former Oasis Hotel in 1964.
Thomas O’Donnell’s Palm Springs home built in the 1920s later became the clubhouse at the O’Donnell Golf Club.
Up until 1950, then Palm Springs Municipal Airport covered a larger area than New York’s La Guardia Airport.
During a period of just three days in January 1969, more than 3.25 inches of rain flooded the streets and homes of Palm Springs.
Contradicting everything you have been taught about weather in the desert oasis, it has snowed in Palm Springs.