More then 4,000 components make up the Pagani Huayra.
Put together, they have created a one-of-a-kind sports car that will make its desert debut at Desert Concorso, which also presents its inaugural show March 30 at the Shadow Mountain Resort in Palm Desert.
The Huayra, valued at approximately $1.2 million with 730 horsepower (see interior below), will be “the most exciting car, hands down,” and one of more than 120 on display, according to Jim Tinsley, media relations for Concorso Italiano, which is known for Monterey Car week, Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance and the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, and is bringing Desert Concorso to Southern California.
The show comes at a time when Italian car manufacturers such as Fiat and Alpha Romero are reigniting their presence on America’s car scene, according to Tinsley.
“There’s a hunger for Italian sports cars and exotics to come back to the American auto market,’ says Tinsley. “We felt the culture and community in the greater Palm Springs area was the perfect place to celebrate Italian influence on design and art with this lifestyle event.”
In addition to the Huayra, Tinsley says don’t miss these models:
- “A 1959 Maserati GTE with original tags as part of Maserati’s 100th anniversary.
- More than 35 individual Ferrari’s.
- A 1972 Dino…a pretty, fun car.
- The Petersen Automobile Museum in Los Angeles will show a 1953 Nash Healey Lemans Coupe.
- A Lamborghini Miura with headlights that compliment like eyelashes!”
High Society, Italian Style
Desert Concorso has also gathered an assembly of Italian focused artisans, vendors and entertainment to further enhance this relaxed yet elegant affaire.
Much like a Great Gatsby garden party, guests are invited to "stroll the lawns among the many works of rolling art, savor the scent of grilling Italian sausage, and listen to dramatic sounds of Italian lifestyle,” Tinsley says.
- International Opera Institute singers will perform.
- Italian artist Monica Lotti will be on hand with her wildly popular Italian automotive art pieces.
- Chef Piero Pierattoni of Ristorante Mamma Gina will prepare cuisine for VIP ticket holders with Piero’s Pizza Vino Restaurant delicacies served at the food court.
For tickets, visit www.desertconcorso.com