Saxony Group Fashion Week El Paseo 2015 will feature eight returning L.A.-based designers for an unprecedented show March 21 celebrating the event’s 10th anniversary.
The designers include Gilbert Chagoury, Anthony Franco, Kevan Hall, Candice Held, Lloyd Klein, Eduardo Lucero, Oliver Tolentino, and Trina Turk. The event will be held over eight days in Palm Desert. Each of these designers has shown their unique style on celebrities walking the red carpet.
• Chagoury creates a unique aesthetic mixing French and Middle Eastern opulence that is wearable, flattering, and driven by customer satisfaction.
• Turk is an iconic lifestyle brand inspired by California’s multicultural mix, creativity, craftsmanship, architecture, and landscape. Her designs are replete in bright colors with bold prints and dynamic hues, showing off authentic California confidence. (Photo at right: Ink Wave print).
• Franco is a self-taught designer with a love of textured fabrics. Franco has won many awards and has been featured in music videos, shows, and television.
• Hall emphasizes his purity of style, incomparable tailoring, and sensuously draped streamlined silhouettes. Hall has won many awards, and will be showing his new and well received Sport Collection.
• Held is well known for her resort-wear with exuberant colors and vibrant patterns as well as one of a kind dresses made solely of vintage scarves. Her brand has been seen on numerous Hollywood trendsetters, and will soon be expanding with a signature jewelry line.
• Klein creates jaw dropping carefully crafted designs, delivering a sophisticated, exuberant brand. After moving his headquarters from Paris to Los Angeles, Klein is now the go-to designer for A-List celebrities, who are searching for that stand-out red carpet look.
• Lucero is a red carpet favorite, known for his vivid colors and feminine, yet empowering, designs that reflect Latin flair. Lucero has shown at New York Fashion Week, and is an inspiration to L.A. designers desiring to create a presence on the East Cost.
• Tolentino is recognized for his modern take on old Hollywood glam. His collections feature energetic colors and prints with detailed craftsmanship.
Fashion Week El Paseo 2015 is anticipated to be the most attended fashion event of the season, featuring such events as Le Chien Canine Couture show, a benefit for the Humane Society of the Desert; El Paseo Rocks featuring fashions from seventeen boutiques on El Paseo; a reception meet-and-greet with designer Michael Costello and Project Runway designers; a fashion show with Project Runway, and Costello presenting his collection the following night; a showing of the collections of top graduating students from FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising; and Saks Fifth Avenue Palm Desert will present Roberto Cavalli’s Fall 2015 Collection.
The Finale Show, with New York designer Gemma Kahng presenting her Spring 2015 collection, will conclude a week of outstanding fashions from the newest collection of more than 30 designers and 18 stores.
Fashion Week El Pase draws a yearly attendance of more than 13,000. Since its inception, it has supported more than 100 local charities including Fashion Group International Inc., The Girlfriend Factor, Variety, The Children’s Charity, Junior League of Palm Springs Desert Communities, Desert Outreach and the Humane Society of the Desert.
Visit www.fashionweekelpaseo.com for more information or to purchase tickets.