LifeStream Community Blood Drive at Xavier College Preparatory School in Palm Desert
LIFESTREAM COMMUNITY BLOOD DRIVE
· Where: Xavier College Preparatory High School
· Address: 34200 Cook St., Palm Desert
· Date: Thursday, Oct. 22 and Friday, Oct. 23
· Time: Oct. 22: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 23: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
· It’s “Socktober” and all donors receive a pair of special edition Halloween socks. LifeStream tests all successful blood donations for COVID-19 antibodies. Donors learn results and if their plasma could potentially help current COVID-19 patients. This test does not detect if the donor is currently infected. Donors receive free cholesterol screening. Please set an appointment by calling LifeStream at 800-879-4484 or visiting LStream.org. NOTE: All blood donors must wear a mask/face covering (mask/coverings with one-way valves to filter outside air are not sufficient), submit to a temperature check and COVID-19 symptom review before being admitted to the donor waiting area.
Healthy individuals at least 15 years of age may donate blood. Everyone under 17 years of age must provide LifeStream with written parental consent. Parent consent forms are available at any donor center, community blood drive or at www.LStream.org. All prospective donors should be free of infections or illness, weigh at least 115 pounds, and not be at risk for AIDS or hepatitis. Donors receive a free mini-physical as part of the donation process. Donating blood takes about an hour, yet gives someone a lifetime. For more information, please call 1-800-TRY GIVING. Join the LifeStream volunteer team and make a lifesaving difference! For information, call 1.800.879.4484, ext. 458.