Fantasy Springs Resort Casino Commences Phase Reopening
The Cabazon Band of Mission Indians (CBMI) has amended the State of Emergency order issued on March 17, paving the way for Fantasy Springs Resort Casino to commence Phase 1 of reopening today with newly instituted health, safety and social distancing guidelines in place to protect guests, employees and the community at large from potential exposure to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Phase 1 includes:
• Mandatory protective face masks for guests and employees
• Temperature screenings for all guests entering the property
• One-way entrance and exit to the Resort
• Table games and slot machines reduced to 50 percent capacity
• No smoking inside the Resort facilities (designated smoking area outside)
• Quick-service restaurants (Pizza Kitchen, Lique, Starbucks) and The Springs bar reduced to 50 percent capacity
• Play resuming at Eagle Falls with players required to wear masks
• Zero-tolerance policy for all health, safety and social distancing guidelines
“Like many businesses, the coronavirus pandemic forced us to reconsider every aspect of our operation, with the primary focus being the health and wellness of our valued guests and employees,” said Chairman Doug Welmas. “As a result, the Tribal Council decided to err on the side of caution in terms of the timing of our reopening. We will continue to act in the best possible interest of everyone involved during each phase of the process. We can’t wait to welcome everyone back to Fantasy Springs.”
Each operating department, from Gaming and Entertainment to Hotel and Food & Beverage, has adopted its own specialized set of procedures based on recommendations from the State of California and Riverside County, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Additionally, BroadSpec — a certified and licensed company specializing in standardized sanitation practices, regulations and curriculum — has been retained to ensure that all CDC and state requirements are met.
Some of those measures include:
• Temperature scanning: All guests will have their temperature taken by a Public Safety Officer using a noninvasive forehead thermometer before entering.
• Social distancing: Responsible social distancing is encouraged throughout the property with ample signage. Occupancy on the casino floor will be reduced to 50 percent.
• Sanitation: Hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the property, along with signage encouraging guests to wash their hands frequently.
• Protective wear: All guests and employees are required to wear protective masks while on property. Employees serving food or handling money must also wear gloves.
CBMI will continue to refine these measures as medical experts and government entities provide new information.
Phase 2 of reopening — including sit-down dining, hotel capacity, retail outlets, bowling and live entertainment — will be announced in the coming days. For more information, visit www.FantasySpringsResort.com
Fantasy Springs Resort Casino is an essential enterprise of the Cabazon Band of Mission Indians. For more information, call toll free (760) 342-5000 or visit www.FantasySpringsResort.com. Follow Fantasy Springs on Facebook and on Twitter @fantasysprings.