VIDEO: Watch makeup stylist Brittany Wilson creates a feline character. For more video, visit our Facebook page.
Halloween is the perfect chance to dress up, channel an alter ego, or simply get creative with a unique costume to celebrate the festivities.
As mixers, parties, and charity galas call, glam it up for Halloween with a professional VIP makeover experience crafted by experts at All Tressed Up Blow Dry & Beauty Bar on El Paseo.
- See related story on where to party on Halloween: Ghouls' Night Out
Or as model Kalee Frederick says, “Why be ordinary when you can be extraordinary. A pro can look at you objectively having better angles and vision. Most people are their own worst critics while a pro will view your face as an artistic canvas.”
Make-up stylists Gloria Jimenez (Pop Art); Lauren Garcia (Day of the Dead); and Brittany Wilson (Cat) transform models with their talent using both stage make-up (such as oil based Crylon) and traditional beauty make-up.
Salon Educator, Clarise Huffor, says, “We can do character makeup for men and women of all ages. Popular requests have been Cleopatra and Cat Woman, but our stylists have done everything from painting a full body snake, to hair and makeup combos including Audrey Hepburn and Rapunzel. This year, we can pair Elsa (Frozen) make-up and style braids, for example.”
Here are some helpful tips for putting on and taking off their amazing interpretations.
• Do the eyes first to avoid fallout (powder dust on your surrounding skin). If you do get powder marks, use a sponge blotter with a bit of foundation to dab the spot.
• If you don’t have time for full makeup, do your brows as a focal point. The slightest fill in can make a whole difference and will define the eyes.
• Using a make-up spray sealer will make makeup less likely to smudge, absorbs extra oil, protects against shine, and gives make-up longevity.
• Grease based makeup can be removed with just soap and water. However, an oil based make-up remover will take it off more easily without as much scrubbing. In a pinch, Vaseline will break through make-up…just be sure use your regular face wash upon completion.
Guests can book a preview consultation to discuss a certain look. Walk-ins are also welcome, but reservations are suggested.
All Tressed Up, 73-655 El Paseo, Palm Desert, (760) 568-4526, www.getalltressedup.com