Distinctive accessories spice up the bedroom.
1. Grand Décor – Decorate the top of a chest of drawers with this custom-made hand-blown vase, which stands 22 inches tall. Ambiance Unlimited, 42-050 Beacon Hill, Palm Desert. 340-0069
2. Triad of Style – With its top, sides, and drawers featuring leather inlays, the Estancia triangle chairside table from Lorts is a handsome addition to a reading area in the master suite. Available in various colors. Norwalk the Furniture Idea, 73-495 Hwy. 111, Palm Desert. 346-3700
3. Antique Awakenings – Ready for a classic wake-up call? This cast-iron Seth Thomas shelf clock from the late 1800s has a brass face with strike and alarm features. Clockworks, A Clock Gallery, 160 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs. 327-2475.
4. Stellar Storage – Artist Robert Kuo’s cloisonné box, made of pounded copper and enamel, works well to store small items like jewelry or to stand by itself as a beautiful bedroom accessory. Artéfacts Lighting and Accessories, shown at Passages, The Atrium, 69-930 Hwy. 111, Ste. 116, Rancho Mirage. 328-4550
5. Hit the Switch – The brown leather and brushed nickel finish of this lamp brings a masculine touch to bedroom design. Matching accessories include a buffet lamp, round table lamp, pharmacy lamp, and large square and rectangle mirrors. Also available in black leather. Classic Chic, The Atrium, 69-930 Hwy. 111, Ste. 115, Rancho Mirage. 202-2829
6. Be Seated – For a classic European touch, this Scandinavian bench by Amy Howard Collection will find a home at the foot of your bed or against the wall. Custom made to any size and available in a variety of fabrics and finishes. Thom Home, The Atrium, 69-930 Hwy. 111, Ste. 118, Rancho Mirage. 328-2036