OK, you're scrambling.
You're thinking, "I only have 24 hours before Valentine's Day".
Not really. You have to look at this a whole new way.
If you're fortunate to have Feb. 17 off, that's President's Day, or if your other half does, or if you can take it off, you're really looking at a three-day weekend.
If that doesn't work, look at it another way.
Since Valentines Day falls on a Friday, it's really Valentine's Day weekend – hence taking the pressure off of presenting everything to your better half on just one day.
You can spread it out over the weekend, so if trying to get a reservation for dinner Friday night is out of the question, do something special at home that night and book a reservation for Saturday or Sunday instead.
Here are some dining suggestions along with a selection of musical entertainment across the Greater Palm Springs area:
• Spencer's Restaurant in Palm Springs offers a prix fixe menu Feb. 14 for $74 serving from 5:30-10 p.m. Feb. 14.
• Lulu California Bistro in Palm Springs and Acqua Pazza in Rancho Mirage both will be open for breakfast Feb. 14 with more than 50 innovative and traditional dishes from 8-11 a.m. They both will feature a three-course dinner Feb. 14 with five appetizer choices, 8 entree selections, dessert and a champagne toast.
• Tinto's at the Saguaro Palm Springs offers a Valentine's Day weekend menu featuring three courses and dessert for $85 per person. Appetizers include Cured Acorn-Fed Spanish Ham, entrees like Pork Belly Montadito or Diver Scallops A La Plantxa, and Red Velvet Buñuelos for dessert.
• Three of the restaurants at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino will offer specials Feb. 14. At The Bistro has lobster, shrimp and scallop corn fritters with sweet Thai-chili sauce, lemon aioli and micro greens to start out followed by chateaubriand center cut filet mignon with baby vegetables, parmesan roasted potatoes and a Burgundy demi glazce. At POM, pair garlic-rosemary grilled Provimi veal chop and Adriatic broiled Maine lobster tail. At the Fresh Grill Buffet, check out the extensive soup and salad bar or a grilled-to-order New York steak.
• The Vue Grille & Bar at Indian Wells Country Club will serve from 4-10 p.m. Feb.14 for $55 per person includes choices like Lobster Bisque, Organic Scottish Salmon, and Strawberry Cheesecake.
• Tropicale in Palm Springs has created a Valentine's Day only menu for $68 per person on Feb. 14. Selections include Buttered Lobster Nicolse Salad, Stuffed and Roasted Organic Boneless Cornish Hen, and a Chocolate Sampler for dessert.
• The Classic Cub in Palm Desert offers a Valentine's Day dinner from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at $60 per person. Start with Oysters on a Half Shell, then to Berber-Spiced Filet, and Raspberry and White Chocolate Charlotte for dessert.
- See related story: 10 Dining Suggestions for Valentine's Day 2014
• The Hard Rock Hotel in Palm Springs hosts DJ Alf Alpha for a Doo Wop in the Desert retro Valentine's dance from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Feb. 15. An alternative is to check out "Rockin the Gatsby", a Roarin '20s cabaret, with a pair of shows Feb. 14.
• If you're an ABBA fan, then you'll love ABBAFAB, which produces all of the group's chart-topping music in a multimedia tribute at 8 p.m. Feb. 15 at Spotlight 29 Casino in Coachella.
• Matt Costa comes to the Ace Hotel & Swim Club in Palm Springs at 8 p.m. Feb. 14 featuring Gene and Gabriella Evaro and DJ Frosty. Over the weekend, The Do-Over crew spins poolside from noon to 5 p.m. Feb. 15-16.
• The Musical Box pays tribute to Genesis with a chance to relive the magic of their fifth album, "Selling England by the Pound" Feb. 14 at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio.
• Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds, a 10-time Grammy Award winner, will sing some of his greatest R&B hits at 8 p.m. Feb. 14 at Spotlight 29 Casino in Coachella.
• Lanie Kazan, who you'll recognize from TV shows like "Will and Grace" and "Beverly Hills 90201" but is known for her Tony-award-winning voice, will perform Feb. 13-15 at Copa Palm Springs.
• Celo Green, a five time Grammy award winning singer/songwriter performs Feb. 15 at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino in Indio. He has helped put "The Voice" on the TV map.
• Chris Daughtry only finished third on "American Idol", but his success has far surpassed that show. Hear the Grammy-winning rocker Feb. 15 at the Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival in Indio.
• Crooner Englebert Humperdinck brings classic love songs to life at 8 p.m. Feb. 14-15 at the Pechanga Resort Casino in Temecula.
See our comprehensive calendar for more listings.