There may not be snow on the ground, but Palm Springs has a way of creating a Christmas experience that delivers a holiday feel unique to the desert.
Like the Walking Tour of the Inns. The 19th annual is set for 4-8 p.m. Dec. 11 featuring the Historic Tennis Club area of Palm Springs. The starting point can be any of the hotels on the tour, the Palm Springs Art Museum or the Palm Springs Women’s Club.
This free walking tour combines a bity of history with an opportunity to see several Palm Springs boutique properties up close thanks to SHOPS (Small Hotels of Palm Springs), The Palm Springs Art Museum, The Palm Springs Women’s Club, and Eat Drink Palm Springs.
The Palm Mountain Resort & Spa is undergoing a renovation.
• Essential Extra: How to make the experience better:
• First-time visitors should wear comfortable walking shoes, dress warm and carry a water bottle.
• The Palm Springs Woman's Club hosts its annual Bake & Craft sale.
• Via Green Gars, which rents electric cars to hotel guests for cruising around town in. They will assist guests along the tour path.
This year’s participants include:
• Korakia – A Mediterranean meets Moroccan hideaway. VIDEO TOUR
• Del Marcos Hotel – A 1947 William F. Cody designed mid-century modern hotel.
• Andalusian Court – A Spanish Revival escape.
• Casa Cody – The 1920s hideaway of Buffalo Bill Cody’s cousin, Harriet, and oldest operating hotel in Palm Springs.
• The Viceroy – A 1930s Hollywood Regency escape for the stars.
• The Palm Springs Tennis Club & Spencer’s Restaurant – A full resort at the base of the San Jacinto Mountain.
• Colony 29 – An Italian Village inspired vacation rental with stunning views of Palm Springs. New to the tour.
The Colony 29 sits right up against the San Jacinto Mountains.
• Essential Extra: Bring a toy or gift to support Well in the Desert’s annual “Family Christmas Dinner” at the Palm Springs Convention Center. Local families in need will be provided Christmas dinner and gifts by Santa for children and seniors.
Walking Tour of the Inns, 4-8 p.m. Dec. 11; www.walkingtouroftheinns.com
Follow Nicole on Twitter: @TheDarlingNiki
See her other posts on Hotel Essentials