VIDEO: Take a tour of this midcentury modern style resort just blocks from the El Paseo Shopping District in Palm Desert.
Looking for a base for your Saxony Group Fashion Week El Paseo week of glitz, glamour, and diva parties?
The Mojave Resort is a 24 room boutique hotel, built in the 1940s in midcentury modern style, located right around the corner from Palm Desert's version of “Rodeo Drive” shopping and restaurant area. The rich colors, furnishings, and style of the Mojave Resort remind you of an earlier, more relaxed era.
A good night's sleep and massage will prime you for an evening of stylish fashion shows featuring some of the industry's star designers. And you're only walking distance away.
Featured designers include Trina Turk, Eduardo Lucero, Lloyd Klein, Oliver Tolentino, Kevan Hall, Gilbert Chagoury, Candice Held, and Anthony Franco to open the 10th Anniversary Celebration on March 21.
Enjoy amenities like luxurious waffle robes and complimentary continental breakfast.
Other highlights this year include:
• Le Chien on March 22: Presenting Canine Couture Designer Lola Teigland, who previously designed for Christian Dior and Albert Nipon. Her designs for dogs benefit the Humane Society of the Desert.
• The Shops of El Paseo – see the latest from 17 stores on March 23.
• A meet and greet, reception, and fashion show on March 24 with Michael Costello and the Project Runway designers. Then see Costello's latest collection on March 25.
• See the designers of the future from Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising on March 26.
• Saks Fifth Avenue presents the Robert Cavalli 2015 Fall Collection on March 27.
• The Fashion Week Finale on March 28 showcases the work of New York designer Gemma Kahng. Long known for her use of distinct fabrics and keen tailoring, she has dressed Madonna and Sharon Stone, and has boutiques in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
One of the King Suites featuring clean, mid-century lines.
Offering a tranquil respite from the runway shows, cocktail receptions and auctions on El Paseo, take a soak in the Mojave Resort's spa. Enjoy a glass of wine and watch the sun set over the calm pool.
The Mojave Resort's 20 king suites and 4 queen suites surround palm and citrus trees, a sun drenched swimming pool and gazebo covered spa. A green lawn makes its way to an outdoor cabana for spa services.
Many rooms have fireplaces, full kitchenettes, and private patios.
Each room has ample space, with tall, beamed ceilings. Several have fireplaces, many have full kitchenettes and all have private patios. Amenities include flat screens, CD player, indulgent bath amenities and robes.
The staff has been there for 14 years, and has a loyal following. A specialty of the house is transformative therapy by Greta Richardson. Massage, spa treatments, Reiki/Seichim, Flower Essence Therapy, Windows of the Sky and Intuitive work are all possiblities. “Esoteric Essentials” include Tarot/Rune, numerology and dream interpretation.
Mojave Resort, 73721 Shadow Mountain Drive, Palm Desert, 800-391-1104, www.resortmojave.com
Follow Karen on Twitter: @gloriousallianc
What other hotels have we profiled: Hotel Essentials