The 69th annual Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival is set to return to the Riverside County Fairgrounds, Feb. 13-22, in Indio.
The 10-day event, presented by Fantasy Springs Resort Casino, kicks off the fair season and is a local favorite.
The nightly weekend entertainment will tap into a variety of musical tastes, including:
• Ramon Ayala will showcase his mastery of Norteño music.
• The Commodores are sure to transport you back in time with their funk and soul.
• Country music fans will enjoy Brett Eldredge’s smooth tones and upbeat music.
• Andy Grammer’s fun pop hits are good for all ages and will provide a great night out with the family.
And the best news of all, headliner entertainment is included with general admission.
There is something for everyone at the fair including the crowd pleasing Monster Truck Shows, Demolition Derby, and camel and ostrich races, on top of the regular shows, vendors, exhibits, and carnival rides. Two carnivals, one for little tikes and one for thrill seekers, offer exhilaration and excitement for any age.
Special date recipes can be found throughout the fair showcasing the local favorite food.
Gates open at 10 a.m. and close at 10 p.m. each day. General admission is $9 for adults, $8 for seniors, $7 for youth, $6 for group bus tours and no cost for children 5 years of age and under.
Special Days & Promotions
• Veterans plus three guests are admitted free every day with proper identification.
• Opening Friday, Feb. 13 – Free admission from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Canada Day, Feb. 17. Canadian residents will be admitted into the fair for free with proof of residency.
• Kids Days – Tuesday through Thursday, 3 p.m. to close: one child free per paid adult.
• Fantasy $5 Friday- Feb. 20. All-day admission $5, sponsored by Fantasy Springs Resort & Casino.
69th Annual Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival, Feb. 13-22, 1-800-811-FAIR; www.datefest.org