Every week, Palm Springs Life editors will put their heads together to create a list of 10 things to do during the week ahead including restaurant happenings, concerts, nightclub acts, special events and more.
There is plenty to do in the Greater Palm Springs area, and we want to make sure you know about it.
You can also keep tabs by accessing our online calendar.
Here's our picks for Sept. 30 to Oct. 6:
Monday, Sept. 30
• Cello's in Cathedral City is back open for business after a brief summer closure period and is featuring the work of artist Dr. Diane Kline, who is the former director of curriculum at Palm Springs and Desert Sands Unified School Districts.
Tuesday, Oct. 1
• The Palm Springs International Film Society presents "One World", a program of multi-cultural short films from around the world to be shown at locations in Riverside and San Bernardino counties. The first is at 4 p.m. Oct. 1 at the Riverside Main Library. Each of the free presentations is followed by a guided discussion about the films.
Wednesday, Oct. 2
• The 38th annual Gem, Mineral, and Craft Show opens at Sportsman's Club in Joshua Tree. More than 50 dealers display dazzling crystals, minerals, fossils, gems, jewelry, beads, mining equipment, tools, books, collectibles and more. Continues through Oct. 6.
Thursday, Oct. 3
• The Palm Desert Area Chamber conducts its Business to Consumer Expo inside the Special Events Center at the Fantasy Springs Resort Casino. There will be 120 exhibitors, a Special Promotional Item Show, cars, food and drink. General admission is $5 and a 2-for-1 buffet coupon for the Fantasy Springs Buffet.
Friday, Oct. 4
• The third annual "Sleep for the Cure" promotes proactive healthcare for women and breast cancer awareness, and raises funds for the Susan G. Komen Inland Empire. For every dollar donated, 75 cents is sent to Riverside County grant recipients and 25 cents to National Research. Event continues Oct. 5.
• Come find out what the ShareKitchen in Cathedral City is all about at their open house from 4-8 p.m. ShareKitchen offers services including commercial kitchen rental, comprehensive business planning, food product development (concept to consumer), educational workshops and training.
Saturday, Oct. 5
• "It was the summer of'69". OK, so it's the fall of 2013. Bryan Adams can still play a mean guitar, and you can see him at The Show at Agua Caliente Aqua Caliente Casino • Resort • Spa in Rancho Mirage.
• Halloween may be a few weeks away, but that doesn't stop the folks in Idyllwild from opening up their Haunted Ghost Town to share in some ghoulish times every Friday and Saturday night throughout October. Opening night is Oct. 4.
Sunday, Oct. 6
• By the pool, hot men in bathing suits and underwear designs from Palm Springs' own Chelsea Lane Bodywear with proceeds going to the Desert AIDS Project at the Skylark Hotel in Palm Springs. There will also be music entertainment at "Under & Out 2".
• The theatre season is starting to crank up in the Palm Springs area with "The Sound of Music" opening the curtains at the Palm Canyon Theater. Sunday matinee starts at 2 p.m. Plays runs through Oct. 13.