La Quinta Arts Festival celebrates its 31st year with a triumphant distinction. The venerable event is now the top-ranked art festival in the nation. Survey beautiful pieces from more than 230 contemporary artists working in painting, drawing, sculpture, mixed media, and more. The grounds of La Quinta’s Civic Center Campus, March 7-10. 78495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta. Purchase tickets at www.lqaf.com
La Quinta Arts Festival Quick Facts. Did you know:
• Proceeds from the festival benefit La Quinta Arts Foundation.
• This four-day event has been ranked among the top 5 fine art shows in the nation for several years running.
• In 2012, more than $2.5 million in art sales was achieved at La Quinta Arts Festival.
• La Quinta is the only art festival in California ranked in the top 10 and joins Cherry Creek and Art in the Pearl as the only top 10 shows west of the Rockies.
• In 2012, attendance increased 30 percent over the previous year.
• La Quinta Arts Foundation is a nonprofit organization incorporated in 1982 whose mission is “Promoting and Cultivating the Arts.” Each year, it lends its expertise to making the festival bigger and better.
In addition to La Quinta Arts Festival 2013, Old Towne La Quinta offers a number of fun distractions for those who enjoy cultural pursuits:
Cork & Fork
Cork & Fork.
Executive Chef Andie Hubka brings the sophistication of a New York City lounge to the charming community of La Quinta. Sample gourmand creations like butternut squash bisque with candied bacon while enjoying romantic ambiance and fine wines..
47875 Caleo Bay Drive, #A106, La Quinta.
Morgan’s in the Desert.
Fine dining and elegant ambiance are only two reasons to enjoy Morgan’s. Feast on Porcini Crusted All Natural Filet or Maine Diver Sea Scallops.
49499 Eisenhower Drive, La Quinta.
Las Casuelas Quinta Restaurant.
You’ll love the sounds and tastes of old Mexico at Las Casuelas. Imbibe cocktails with your crew or relax with the one you love over a meal made for two.
78480 Hwy. 111, La Quinta.